Carry gun while showering?

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by Malum Prohibitum, Nov 4, 2010.

1. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

2. Mafuta54

Mafuta54 Active Member

:lol: I lived in Harare, Zimbabwe (Salisbury, Rhodesia) for a few months back in the mid 1970's. It is a beautiful place.

link

3. lespaulplayer

lespaulplayer New Member

That really stinks. I can't even imagine how painful that must have been. By the way, should I feel like a butthead? When nobody is home I do take a firearm with me into the bathroom while I am showering. I don't actually take it into the shower though, it goes right on the bathroom countertop. Besides sleeping, I feel like this is another spot where you are most vulnerable.

4. BG_Atl

BG_Atl Active Member

Not sure that his Keltec would have saved him from 5 lions... 4 maybe... but 5...

5. TippinTaco

TippinTaco New Member

We call that paranoid.

[​IMG]

6. BSCLibertarian

BSCLibertarian I'm kind of a big deal

I take my pistol into the bathroom when I take a shower....I just sit it on the counter. I take it everywhere w/ me, why not there?

7. Verbal101

Verbal101 Active Member

You're not the only one.

8. COMMANDER1911

COMMANDER1911 New Member

I keep mine in a ziplock bag and it keeps my soap company. The last thing I need is a herd of zombies trying to eat me when i'm in the shower.

9. Jmark

Jmark Active Member

Perfect use of vacuum seal bags. :lol:

[​IMG]

10. MrMorden

MrMorden New Member

No gun that will fit in my shower will protect against FIVE lions! :shock:

11. mygunstoo

mygunstoo Active Member

I dont think the GLOCK would need the plastic bag, but I like it.

12. The AmBASSaDEER

The AmBASSaDEER New Member

me too

13. Jmark

Jmark Active Member

:lol:

[​IMG]

14. zookeper

zookeper Active Member

now THAT is funny! :lol:

15. RepeatDefender

RepeatDefender New Member

I've been called all sorts of names by girlfriends and my ex-wife, all for having a pistol in the bathroom with me. The bathroom's a pretty vulnerable place, when you're taking care of business and all... :lol:

16. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

I do too, glad I'm not the only one. Its across from the shower on the counter. Only when I'm home alone, though. When the wife is there, I know she can handle everything until she can alert me.

17. EJR914

Tell me about it, my dad's former boss killed two guys while sitting in his tub in Augusta, GA, he lived in the Perring place right behind T-bonez on Washington Road. I believe the two guys had worked for him before, knew he carried a lot of cash around, and sure enough, he's in the tub one night, hears the two guys break in heavily armed, hears them talking about finding him and shooting him, and he shoots through the wall with a 1911 .45, killing one instantly and wounding the other. The other still had some fight in him, and he got out the tub and finished him off.

Not to mention, I also know a guy who's house got broken into in while he was crapping on the pot. Threw his draws on and racked his slide. The two guys took off and he got some nasty racing stripes.

The bathroom can indeed be a vulnerable place.

18. EJR914

:righton: :lol:

19. lespaulplayer

lespaulplayer New Member

Apparently I am not the only paranoid one in this thread judging by the other responses haha :D.

20. AV8R

AV8R Banned

Maybe I should re-think my strategy of "the sight of me naked would scare anything away."