Carry a Firearm on Employer Property

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Vir Quisque Vir, Aug 23, 2007.

1. Vir Quisque Vir

Vir Quisque Vir New Member

There are attempts to allow employees to have firearms locked in their car at work. The following is an example of what responsible firearms owners should NOT do. This report appeared in the Columbia County News Times. For the record, this employee no longer works there. Their published employee policy has zero tolerance for infractions.

Car stolen from parking lot had AK-47 rifle on front seat

A Thomson man called police Sunday morning to report that someone had stolen his car and an AK-47 assault rifle from the parking lot of his workplace.

The 19-year-old man said that between 7 p.m. Saturday and 1:30 a.m. Sunday, someone stole his 2002 Ford Taurus from a parking space at the John Deere plant at 5125 Horizon East Parkway near Grovetown.

The man told police his AK-47 assault rifle was on the front seat in plain view when the car was stolen. Also taken was a $2,000 set of Calloway golf clubs that were in the car trunk.

The man was encouraged to call the sheriff's office with the gun's serial number so it could be reported stolen.

2. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

What kind of retard leaves an AK on the front seat of their car at night?

3. Thorsen

Thorsen New Member

The kind that the media likes to talk about. The kind that gives the rest of us a bad name.

4. wsweeks2

wsweeks2 New Member

The word retard should say it all Ramm.

5. VolGrad

VolGrad Tactical Statistician

None of this adds up anyway....19 yr. old with a brand new car, an AK, and $2,000 worth of golf clubs...and working at a factory.

6. pro2am

pro2am New Member

Insurance scam?

I was thinking, great, he locked his clubs in the trunk, but left an AK on the front seat.

Retard is an appropriate description.

7. misawa

misawa New Member

Yeah, something's fishy about this whole thing. Either way, this guy is not a responsible firearms owner.

8. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

He left a $20,000 gun in his car in plain sight? :shock:

9. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

dub tea eff you talkin' 'bout?

:screwy:

10. budder

I think all NFA rifles cost over $10,000, due to the rarity. I believe AKs are more expensive, running 15-20k each. Maybe I'm wrong. Or maybe the reporter didn't mean "assault rifle," but used the term anyway, just like I could call my 4-banger an F1 car, even though it can get 0-60 in about an hour.

11. Marikhal

Marikhal New Member

I'm betting it's just a typical semi-automatic AK-47 that can be had for cheap pretty much anywhere.

12. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

That is what normal people interpret it as.

13. USMC - Retired

USMC - Retired New Member

Hey if my car was stolen, and my insurance covered everything including the contents of the trunk, I'm sure I would have left a $2000 set of golf clubs in the trunk along with an original Colt Peacemaker in mint condition and several gold bars that I use for axle weight when traveling in in the mountains in winter time.... :lol:

14. Tinkerhell

Tinkerhell Active Member

Yeah but this is from Budder. I think he was trying to make a funny. :|

:neener:

Yep, that's pretty much what I was thinking too. About the golf clubs. The guy probably wouldn't have even thought about having a full auto AK. Just a $300 WASR like most of the rest of us have.

15. budder

Not really trying to make a funny, just venting about how much I hate the "assault rifle this" and "assault rifle that" the media loves oh so much.

16. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Some gun companies use that terminology as well.

17. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

If you mean transferable MGs there are still some rifles under $10K. Ruger AC556s can be had for a few thousand less than that.

18. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Not to mention the amount of ammo you'd go through. If I had that kind of money, I'm sure I'd go for it, though.