Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are attempts to allow employees to have firearms locked in their car at work. The following is an example of what responsible firearms owners should NOT do. This report appeared in the Columbia County News Times. For the record, this employee no longer works there. Their published employee policy has zero tolerance for infractions.

Car stolen from parking lot had AK-47 rifle on front seat

A Thomson man called police Sunday morning to report that someone had stolen his car and an AK-47 assault rifle from the parking lot of his workplace.

The 19-year-old man said that between 7 p.m. Saturday and 1:30 a.m. Sunday, someone stole his 2002 Ford Taurus from a parking space at the John Deere plant at 5125 Horizon East Parkway near Grovetown.

The man told police his AK-47 assault rifle was on the front seat in plain view when the car was stolen. Also taken was a $2,000 set of Calloway golf clubs that were in the car trunk.

The man was encouraged to call the sheriff's office with the gun's serial number so it could be reported stolen.

·
Super Moderator
16,485 Posts
Rammstein said:
budder said:
He left a $20,000 gun in his car in plain sight? :shock:
dub tea eff you talkin' 'bout?

:screwy:
I think all NFA rifles cost over $10,000, due to the rarity. I believe AKs are more expensive, running 15-20k each. Maybe I'm wrong. Or maybe the reporter didn't mean "assault rifle," but used the term anyway, just like I could call my 4-banger an F1 car, even though it can get 0-60 in about an hour.

·
Registered
5,215 Posts
Hey if my car was stolen, and my insurance covered everything including the contents of the trunk, I'm sure I would have left a $2000 set of golf clubs in the trunk along with an original Colt Peacemaker in mint condition and several gold bars that I use for axle weight when traveling in in the mountains in winter time.... :lol:

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Rammstein said:
That is what normal people interpret it as.
Yeah but this is from Budder. I think he was trying to make a funny. :|

:neener:

USMC-R said:
Hey if my car was stolen, and my insurance covered everything including the contents of the trunk, I'm sure I would have left a $2000 set of golf clubs in the trunk along with an original Colt Peacemaker in mint condition and several gold bars that I use for axle weight when traveling in in the mountains in winter time....
Yep, that's pretty much what I was thinking too. About the golf clubs. The guy probably wouldn't have even thought about having a full auto AK. Just a $300 WASR like most of the rest of us have.

·
Super Moderator
16,485 Posts
Tinkerhell said:
Rammstein said:
That is what normal people interpret it as.
Yeah but this is from Budder. I think he was trying to make a funny. :|
Not really trying to make a funny, just venting about how much I hate the "assault rifle this" and "assault rifle that" the media loves oh so much.

·
Registered
15,974 Posts
budder said:
Rammstein said:
budder said:
He left a $20,000 gun in his car in plain sight? :shock:
dub tea eff you talkin' 'bout?

:screwy:
I think all NFA rifles cost over $10,000, due to the rarity. I believe AKs are more expensive, running 15-20k each.
If you mean transferable MGs there are still some rifles under $10K. Ruger AC556s can be had for a few thousand less than that.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts