Carmike theaters, anyone know if they are posted?

Discussion in 'Places Off-Limits' started by newarcher, Aug 3, 2007.

1. newarcher

newarcher New Member

I know AMC theaters are but I am not sure of the Carmike...I am thinking of going to the one in Snellville GA.

Thanks!

New

2. gsusnake

gsusnake Token Liberal Hippie

The one in Statesboro has a small sign on the door, but it's off-limits anyway because it serves beer.

That doesn't help you in the least, does it?

3. newarcher

newarcher New Member

Yeah, that gave me a good laugh...I needed one.

This danged GA law is so hard to interpret, I suppose that it could conceivably be called a public gathering place by the cops.

Oh well, I am carrying. No one will know unless I have to use it and then it won't really matter, right? :D ;)

We are going to see the Bourne Ultimatum tonight...I hear that it takes off about 1 minute in and doesn't stop. Best spy movie ever, IMHO. I will have to resist the urge to pull my gun and help old Matt aka Jason out.

New

4. blind_shake

blind_shake Active Member

I'll be catching the earliest show possible if I can get out of the office early enough.

5. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Well, if it helps, the sign does not make it a public gathering one way or the other.

6. Malum Prohibitum

But is the public gathered for a particular function?

7. USMC - Retired

USMC - Retired New Member

How could it be if you have to pay to get in. Seems to me that takes the public right out of it.... Of course IAMAL but I do email a couple on a fairly regular basis... :lol:

8. Malum Prohibitum

Doesn't one have to pay to get in to a sporting event? (I know, I know, it is specifically listed).

9. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

The public is welcome to buy a ticket.

10. jeepsterwannabe

jeepsterwannabe New Member

Open carried in the AmStar theater in Macon, GA. no problem from anyone at all

11. Crazydave

Crazydave Member

I did'nt notice any "no guns allowed" signs at the Carmike Conyers theater I went to this weekend.Matter of fact,I talked to a Rockdale Sheriff deputy working there and he said they don't consider the theater a public gathering.That does'nt mean you wont get hassled by other deputies though but I'm gonna carry in there anyway.

12. MrMorden

MrMorden New Member

Yeah, who cares? In Georgia a sign on the door means nothing.

13. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

+1

If the location isn't legally off-limits who cares what type of sign they have? Carry. :D

14. Bulldawg182

Bulldawg182 Active Member

I haven't been to the movies in two years without my weapon. Don't see the signs and don't care. If they want me for a public gathering, they'll have to find me, catch me and convict me.

15. Guest

Guest Guest

In Statesboro, isn't Mugs and Movies a seperate entity? Thus a seperate establishment, thus the other screens are NOT PG's?

16. Mastino177

Mastino177 Member

I haven't seen anything in Newnan. Most of the time there's always a popo there so I'm concealed. There's no security on the outside.

17. gsusnake

I don't think so. Same building, same entrances into the building, tickets bought the same place.

The consumption license is ONLY posted inside Mugs, so maybe that makes a difference. I don't think so, though. The consumption license in Chili's is at the bar but that doesn't stop you from being able to drink anywhere in the building or outside on the porch, even though there's a doorway in between.

Concealed is concealed. That said, I don't take a chance. There's almost always (at least on big opening nights) a uniformed SPD officer or two in the building when folks are leaving, and usually a car parked outside.

18. ls1ssdavid

ls1ssdavid New Member

I can not speak of Carmike in Georgia. However while stationed in Maryland there was a Carmike theater and It did have a "no firearms" sign similiar to those at other theaters. However I do not know Maryland law that well, those signs might carry weight up there. Obviously here in Georgia it holds no weight. So this post actually doesn't help at all. Except to say they have been know to have them.

19. Guest

Guest Guest

Could that make a difference? At mugs, you can ONLY buy alcohol at the Mugs Screen. Alcohol is not permitted anywhere else in the building.

20. gsusnake

Shame they can't see the flask that has gone in my back pocket into many a film with me.