Carjacking in apartments

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Sharky, Oct 4, 2007.

1. Sharky

Sharky Active Member

Gwinnett police looking for 3rd carjacking suspect

By ANDRIA SIMMONS
    The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Published on: 10/04/07

Police arrested two men and were looking for a third Wednesday on charges alleging that they carjacked a vehicle from a Lawrenceville apartment complex and got into a confrontation with police.

A 20-year-old man called police Tuesday night to report several men carjacked him at gunpoint at Herrington Woods Apartments off Herrington Road and drove away in his gold Chevrolet Caprice.

spokeswoman for the Gwinnett County Police Department. One suspect got out and ran, police said, while the two still in the vehicle accelerated toward the officer. One suspect pointed a gun at the officer, who returned fire as the Caprice struck his patrol car. No one was hurt, Spellman said.

Investigators charged Steven Roger Smith, 20, of Lawrenceville, and Taron Antwan Utley, 20, with various offenses. They were in the county jail with no bond set. Police were looking for 21-year-old Robert Lewis Whitehead of Lawrenceville.

2. Sharky

Sharky Active Member

And people think I am paranoid for carrying while I wash my truck and take out the trash in my apartment!

3. moonchicken

moonchicken New Member

I thought I was paranoid for carrying while taking out the trash in my apartment complex. :lol:

4. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

In fact, that's what I just did 8)