Car stolen in Augusta

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by CTI1(EXW), Jan 28, 2011.

1. CTI1(EXW)

CTI1(EXW) New Member

My 1983 Oldsmobile Hurst/Olds was stolen from in front of my apartment on Walton Way Ext while I was at work last night/this morning. It has plates from Fayette county, Iowa, and the number is NK_NFSK. It is a very distinctive car and if anyone in Augusta could keep an eye out for it I would be very appreciative My cell number is 831.601.2572 or report it to the Richmond county PD :(

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. rmodel65

rmodel65 Yukon Cornelius

sucks man i had a car stolen from Millen a couple of weeks ago it was a 1979 Mercury Cougar with only 45k miles on it

3. jmathis84

jmathis84 New Member

That sucks man. That is a nice looking car. Hope they catch the pieces of :cantsay: that took it. Best of luck to you.

4. BWCustoms

BWCustoms New Member

You would think thieves would want a less recognizable car.

Thats like robbing a store and not covering up tattoos.

5. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

That is a nice looking car. I'm so sorry it was stolen. But I have to admit, the state of Augusta just continues to go down. Its really sad as that is my hometown where I was raised.

6. CTI1(EXW)

CTI1(EXW) New Member

Thanks for the comments everyone. I guess I should provide some amplifying information. I live at the intersection of Walton Way Ext and Scott Nixon Memorial Dr. I never leave the car unlocked but it's a g body so it's not like that really makes a difference :oops:

7. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

Yeah, it said when that part of town gets that bad. I was held at gunpoint at the corner of Highland and Raymond Avenue on the Hill back in 2005 I believe. So yeah, its a shame that part of town has gotten bad...

8. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

It was probably someone "visiting" your part of town from DeKalb County that "borrowed" it.

9. RecoveringYankee

RecoveringYankee New Member

Sweet ride. I will definitely be watching for it.

10. CTI1(EXW)

CTI1(EXW) New Member

11. turbobird83

turbobird83 New Member

I will definitely keep an eye out for it. Shouldn't be too hard to spot if the dirty rotten scoundrels are out and about joy riding.

12. CTI1(EXW)

CTI1(EXW) New Member

I just wish I could be out looking for it right now but I have to work tonight :( Does anyone from Augusta know anywhere else I could post to get increased coverage of this? What are steps outside of law enforcement I can take to recover my car? I've been checking craigslist to see if anyone is selling parts or the car but I really don't know what to do since I've never had a car stolen before

13. rmodel65

rmodel65 Yukon Cornelius

14. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

Keep an eye out in parking lots (apartment complexes, grocery stores, Wal-Mart) and on the road.

If you've got insurance, once you've sent the title and keys in and fill out the forms, the car isn't really yours anymore, even if its found. They wait like a month before they pay you, on purpose. If its found before that process is completed its still yours. Consider that.

15. CountryGun

CountryGun New Member

Aren't there sending units for GPS that can be hidden on cars and such? Something other than On-Star?

16. CountryGun

CountryGun New Member

I meant to add that I'll certainly be looking. This rides already pimped, and I'm betting it's within 15-20 miles. The punk's not going to be able to resist cruising with his friends, and today's going to be the perfect day to do it.

17. TippinTaco

TippinTaco New Member

if this was any ordinary car I would say they would be crusing around in it. But this ins't just a normal car so its possible it's on its way to another state. I wouldnt be surprised if the perp is from your neighborhood. Good luck in finding it hopefully it comes back in one piece.

18. rmodel65

rmodel65 Yukon Cornelius

Lo Jack...

19. Match10

Match10 Active Member

I would say a car of this nature and rarity is stolen "to order" and is already in a thousands peices. Sorry.

20. streetriots

streetriots Clueless

Are you in Spring House or Traditions? If its Traditions I would ask management if they could give me a record of the people who accessed the gate. It might be a lot but it would help narrow it down.