Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had a safe installed in my truck. (Its under the back seat and out of plain view. Contains G32, spare mag and $100bill)


Question: If I got pulled over and was asked to open it. Would I have to?

How would you handled the situation?
 

·
Under Scrutiny
Joined
·
19,384 Posts
Don't consent to search.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,352 Posts
Jmark said:
Just a guess but if they have a reason to search what you want isn't going to matter.
Correct for example

Cop pulls you over for tag violation and smells drugs or alcohol he has a right to search and if he sees the safe he might think there will be drugs and either ask for a key/code or will bust it open .

If you a Law Abiding citizen I don't see a reason he could asked to have it open or even know it's there . If he asks if they're any Guns /drugs just tell the officer I have nothing illegal in my car and hope it don't get flip flopped for you to have to anwer yes or no .But me I don't see a reason to have a safe in a car as it's just a transportation A-To B for me , I don't live in it .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The AmBASSaDEER said:
Tech5 said:
Jmark said:
Just a guess but if they have a reason to search what you want isn't going to matter.
Correct for example

Cop pulls you over for tag violation and smells drugs or alcohol he has a right to search and if he sees the safe he might think there will be drugs and either ask for a key/code or will bust it open .

If you a Law Abiding citizen I don't see a reason he could asked to have it open or even know it's there . If he asks if they're any Guns /drugs just tell the officer I have nothing illegal in my car and hope it don't get flip flopped for you to have to anwer yes or no .But me I don't see a reason to have a safe in a car as it's just a transportation A-To B for me , I don't live in it .
no drugs/alcohol.

They last time I had contact with an officer was at a road block. (going hunting) He asked if I had weapons in the truck, I said yes, he said "go gett'em killa".

So I have never had one ask to see my gun.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
106 Posts
mountainpass said:
Don't consent to search.
This. And without probable cause like a dog hitting on your car/safe I dont think there would be any reason for them to want to look inside. If you've been pulled over and you haven't had a drop to drink & aren't transporting copious amounts of illegal drugs I'd just tell the cop "not gonna happen". Or you simply "lost the key".
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,529 Posts
With all the other responses taken into account, and a search is valid for the vehicle:

Am I mistaken that a GWL can store a weapon in any place of the vehicle in GA?

Where someone without it can only store a weapon in standard storage compartments designed with the car. (i.e. glove box, center console).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,189 Posts
a-squared said:
With all the other responses taken into account, and a search is valid for the vehicle:

Am I mistaken that a GWL can store a weapon in any place of the vehicle in GA?

Where someone without it can only store a weapon in standard storage compartments designed with the car. (i.e. glove box, center console).
That used to be the case now anywhere is fine for everyone that can qualify for a gwl.
 

·
Under Scrutiny
Joined
·
19,384 Posts
That used to be the case now anywhere is fine for everyone that can qualify for a gwl.
Someone on here said,"hang it from the rearview."
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,568 Posts
Jmark said:
a-squared said:
With all the other responses taken into account, and a search is valid for the vehicle:

Am I mistaken that a GWL can store a weapon in any place of the vehicle in GA?

Where someone without it can only store a weapon in standard storage compartments designed with the car. (i.e. glove box, center console).
That used to be the case now anywhere is fine for everyone that can qualify for a gwl.
Or anyone at all that can legally possess as long as they are in THEIR vehicle.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top