Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Man of Myth and Legend
16,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Things to think about. Maybe plan around too.

Nemo

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
29,066 Posts
Yes.
There was a Time when I wanted to shoot around, and from the inside of, a car.

It took about 10 years for a plan to come together, but finally a friend had a junker Chevy Nova from the mid 1970s he wanted to get rid of . We towed it to the farm property belonging to another friend, and there in front of a big embankment of dirt we played various gun games and shooting exercises /drills in it (and around it).

Then we finally riddled it full of bullets,
burned it in a bonfire, and a month later had the charred scrap metal carcass towed off and sold as scrap steel.

Good times.

·
Old, Slow, Boring Dude
2,640 Posts
Shooting from a car is not all it's cracked up to be. A few years ago at our range down here near Albany we held a night pistol match... shooting from our own vehicles! The rules were simple: Drive to the target, then engage target thru passenger side window. Windows were down (DUH). Targets were paper. Eye and Hearing protection required. You had to engage each target while stopped. You were allowed to have pistol on the passenger seat, along with a light (attached to pistol or unattached).

The next to last target required you to exit your vehicle and use the front half (motor area) as cover to engage that target. That next to last target was a good distance away... and was a steel activator which caused a paper target to bob from behind cover. that bobbing paper target was the last one.

I seem to recall not doing very well, but at least I did not shoot up my own car! I was, however, cleaning out spent brass for several days.

We have done other things similar to that. We have 2 abandoned cars at the range, and they have been used in matches.

Then there was the day we shot up a car door with a BAR... Bonnie and Clyde never stood a chance.

·
Registered
4,538 Posts
Things to think about. Maybe plan around too.

Nemo

(129) Personal protection: Using a car as cover. - YouTube
Can't forget Paul Harrell's contribution to this topic.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts