Capital Punishment

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by Nemo, Apr 1, 2019.

1. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

When carried out, pain free is not a guarantee. Good result if its good start to question.

Nemo

https://www.latimes.com/politics/la...xecution-lethal-injection-20190401-story.html

2. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

Death row inmates and their sleaze attorneys spend years, decades, playing the system for all it's worth to postpone your miserable death. Your victims are still dead. They're waiting for you. I could give a crap if you "suffer" a coughing fit on your way to hell.

3. Phil1979

Phil1979 Member Georgia Carry

I was going to mention that a little pain here ain't nothing compared to hell fire.

On the other hand, a death row inmate who has been born again of the Spirit shouldn't be that worried about a little sting on the way to the kingdom of God.

4. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

the effect of 100 years of liberal pansies on the supreme court has perverted the constitution to say that executions have to be as painless as possible given our current technology.

That is a very high standard and could easily lead to the abolition of capital punishment entirely --by judicial activism.

I think it's wrongheaded. I think any manner of death that kills the person quickly is allowed. So is any manner of death that was imposed during the Early Republic is per se allowed regardless of technological changes.
    If it was legal to hang people, shoot people, or burn them at the stake in 1800, it is presumptively legal to do those things today. (And burning at the stake wasn't legal then, so it wouldn't be now.)

Our society needs 100X more executions than the current rate, and we need special prisons for violent criminals where the inmate doesn't just "do his time" but is made to work. Hard, physical labor at gunpoint. A low grade of torture for the first half of the sentence. Then comes the second phase--rehabilitation, counseling, education.

Wheedle likes this.
  5. Nemo

It was legal to burn at the stake in the 1200s through the 1400s. It stopped because people didn't like the smell. So why not now. Propane works much better than wood and coal oil.

Nemo

6. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

Just stand upwind.

7. diamondback

diamondback Well-Known Member

8. Alabama Jones

Alabama Jones Señor Member

They should just slowly OD them on morphine or heroin.
    I don't know why they need a "cocktail".

diamondback likes this.
  9. a_springfield

a_springfield Well-Known Member

Why not a brain injection of 40 grains of lead

10. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

7B3921F1-8CC6-4345-BB0D-D4252BECD8D2.jpeg 7DB0841F-A6B8-47FD-879C-2E6FFF50570B.jpeg Captive bolt pistols (stun guns) are used to humanely kill cattle and other livestock. If its humane enough for an innocent animal, it ought to be good enough for an animal-like feral human.

The bad guy in "No Country for Old Men" used one very successfully.

11. Nemo

That is more of an ongoing deeper unconsciousness to the point of being too relaxed to breath so you suffocate while zonked out.

Its awful difficult to determine how long it will take. Could be 3 minutes or could be 90.

Nemo

12. Alabama Jones

Alabama Jones Señor Member

Reasonably painless, though. Some might argue enjoyable. It's hard to argue inhumane for an enjoyable experience. Otherwise, I'm down with the lead injection or the bolt pistol.

13. diamondback

diamondback Well-Known Member

Since most anti-death penalty people are so pro abortion why dont they use methods used in abortion. I am sure most of these criminals have done far worse than innocent babies.

14. MLS 4506

MLS 4506 Active Member

I vote for Guillotine
    quick and relatively painless

Savannah Dan likes this.
  15. mrhutch

mrhutch Well-Known Member

That cattle air gun to the brain stem would be much faster. It doesn't actually kill the cow with a shot to the forhead, it stuns it (though the brain injury would likely eventually be fatal) so it can be hung and bled out. Cow needs to be alive so the blood can pump out the neck wound properly.

Chould even attach it to a table or chair and strap them in before pushing a button to activate it so nobody has to get their hands dirty.