Candler County

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by DrGlock, Jan 6, 2007.

1. DrGlock

DrGlock New Member

Hi all,

Anyone here know how the local LEO's or county officers here in Metter and Candler county are about citizens demonstrating their right to carry a handgun?

Some here tell me the local LEO can be hard ass about it and give you a hard time, others say they will probably want ti talk guns with you.

Most of the time, if you ask 10 different people about carry laws (including the probate judge) you will get 10 different versions!

Thanx

2. gunsbillygun

gunsbillygun New Member

i dont know how it is were you live. but here in good ol jackson co. the best person to ask about gun laws is the probate judge. very gun friendly , honest , i have known her for years . and she treats every body the same.

3. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Metter is just up the highway from me.

I think me open carrying in this town would do me more harm than good. But, this is a college town so YMMV.

4. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

(1) gunsbillygun, would you mind doing us a favor? Please go here: http://www.georgiapacking.org/gfl1.php and post the information about Jackson County by clicking on the hyperlinks at the bottom for First Time Applicant information and/or Renewal Applicant information. As you can see, Jackson County is one of the counties in the state for which we have NO information.

(2) Also, is Judge Deadwyler refusing to issue temporary renewal licenses to renewal applicants at the time of application? If you do not know, would you please visit her in Jefferson or call (706) 387-6277 and ask?

(3) Do you know if Judge Deadwyler is following the law's 60 day requirement for issuing a license, or is she taking longer?

5. Malum Prohibitum

Let them give you a hard time. Ask them what is the charge. Be polite but firm and insist that they inform you of what the charge is that you are supposedly violating.

Make sure you are knowledgeable about the "off limits" location (spending time here helps).

Most people who open carry find out their fear of LEO harassment turns out to be worse than the reality. Such harassment is practically non-existent because, so long as you have a firearms license, there is no law against it. Therefore, the only officers who will harass you are those who either: (a) Do not know the law, which is easily correctable, or (b) Those who do not like you carrying period.

6. gunsbillygun

gunsbillygun New Member

Jackson Co.

malum prohibitum
    yes I will fill it out no problem.
    I called her this afternoon, she told me that she did not issue them because there is such a loophole in the law to wether or not thay were legal?? but if you asked her for one she probley would not refuse to issue it..
    yes she does go by the 60 day issue, but as to date has not had to issue one due to no delays.

7. Malum Prohibitum

Re: Jackson Co.

8. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

Jackson County info has been updated.

9. gunsbillygun

gunsbillygun New Member

malum prohibitum
    2. her words were," if thay ask me for one i would not refuse it."
    3.thay have been coming back in less time . " after the 60 day piriod i will issue them." meaning if its not back in the 60 day pirid she will goahead and issue.

10. gunsbillygun

gunsbillygun New Member

jackson co.

gunstar1
    the renewing price is the same as the org. $39.00
    if you have any more ? about jackson co. fell free to ask, ive been friends with the probate judge for a long time . and the sheriff is my brother n law.

11. Malum Prohibitum

Oops! :oops: Then I put Jackson County in the wrong list. I will move it.

Good! :D I think that is what the law says.

12. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

Re: jackson co.

Is this the correct address or have they moved? You gave a different street address than the one I have.

Jackson County Courthouse
    85 Washington Street
    Jefferson, GA 30549-1056

13. Malum Prohibitum

14. gunsbillygun

gunsbillygun New Member

address

thay built a new court house , the new correct address is the one i gave you :righton:

15. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

Ok, everything should be correct now

16. gunsbillygun

gunsbillygun New Member

jackson co. new phone number

gunstar1
    im sorry i fotgot to give you the new phone number (706)387-6275