Candidate Second Amendment Views

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Malum Prohibitum, Jul 13, 2006.

1. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Anybody here live in the 36th or 37th districts? Andy Rice is a candidte and posted this relating to his views on the Second Amendment.

http://www.ahrc.com/new/index.php/src/n ... ia/id/3008

I do not know how a wife runs in one district and a husband in the other . . .

Anyway, it is worth a read.

2. Malum Prohibitum

You will remember the many bills that died in Rules?

"My wife, Taffy Rice, is running against Earl Ehrhart for House District 36. In the 2006 session, Earl blocked several important bills, which would have helped gun owners. These bills died in committee, due to Earl's actions. The NRA gave Earl an A+ rating in 2004. Unfortunately, Earl has not lived up to that rating. Specifically, he attempted to block SB 396, until concerned citizens deluged him with post cards demanding he allow the bill to leave the Rules Committee, which he chairs. Ultimately, he voted for it, but not before he attempted to derail it.

Other bills, blocked by Earl:

HB 1001 would have allowed law abiding citizens to carry loaded guns in a car, without a concealed carry permit; HB 998 would have allowed a law abiding citizen to have a gun in a car in a parking lot; and HB 1439 would have kept police from confiscating your guns during an emergency, like happened in New Orleans with Hurricane Katrina last year. Earl blocked all of these, and finally, another bill would have allowed a concealed carry permit holder to carry a gun in a restaurant."

3. Mafuta54

Mafuta54 Active Member

Earl

After what he did to the Cobb county schools with his bill that helped force the district to include his subdivision in the new Hillgrove high school boundries, I was planning on voting for Tammy Rice anyway. This makes it a sure thing!

4. Malum Prohibitum

So, this is up in Cobb?

Any idea how they get to run in two separate districts?

5. Malum Prohibitum

"I support removing all barriers to the lawful exercise of our 2nd Amendment Rights. I support legislation to allow concealed carry, by law-abiding citizens, in the places that are currently prohibited, such as restaurants. I will also work to clarify ambiguous language in the current concealed carry laws, such as a clear definition of "public gathering," which currently is left to the discretion of police officers, prosecutors, and judges."

:-s

Sounds like he wants to leave the public gathering clause (O.C.G.A. 16-11-127(a)) in place.

:roll:

I want to get rid of this Jim Crow legislation.

Are we really that small of a minority?

6. Mafuta54

Mafuta54 Active Member

Earl

West Cobb! Earl Erhart lives in the Echo Mill Subdivision!

7. Mafuta54

Mafuta54 Active Member

One is the State Senate ans the other is the House!

8. Malum Prohibitum

OK. Now I feel like a retard. :shakehead:

9. ICP_Juggalo

ICP_Juggalo Professional Troll

Which is why I am still working on my version of O.C.G.A. 16-11-127 that I would like to introduce as a bill. It still leaves the "public gathering" clause intact for politicians like this, but holders of a GFL will be exempt with the exception of secure areas of court houses and secure areas of airports.

10. Mojoski

Mojoski New Member

What can we do to help eliminate this restriction? I can understand the courthouses and such, but being unable to defend yourself in state parks and restaurants just seems assinine..

How can we help? Let us know if you get your bill introduced..

(Is that the proper term?)

Thanks!

11. ls1ssdavid

ls1ssdavid New Member

If i remember correctly I am in the 37th district in i already voted with an absente ballot for the primarys. Funny thing actually my bus stop used to include echo mill at my old house. I know exactly where that is.

12. ls1ssdavid

ls1ssdavid New Member

Dang I really like this Rice guy. A retired Marine Lt Col. And I just looked it up. I am in the 37th District. Seems like a cool dude compared to who we have now... Johnson. I think im gonna email him now actually and see what he has to say Marine to Marine.