Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
68,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It appears that Presidential Candidate John Edwards lives right next door to a "rabid Republican gun brandisher!" :rotfl:

Monty Johnson, lives on 42 acres that the Johnson family has owned for decades. Mr. Johnson, 55, has been known to brandish firearms to chase away trespassers, which frightens the former senator's wife, who called the Johnson property 'slummy' and condemned its owner as a 'rabid Republican
Original Washington Times Article

·
68,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The day they looked at their property, the couple and several Secret Service agents parked on his land and walked across the street into the woods.

Johnson approached the agents and asked what they were doing on his property. "The Secret Service let me know it wasn't my concern," he said.

·
68,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
On Tuesday, "Inside Edition" turned up.

A producer and a videographer told Johnson to go in his trailer and then come out carrying his gun. They told him to describe it as the "weapon of mass destruction" that Edwards referred to, and talk about it as "nothing more than a squirrel gun."

·
Atlanta Overwatch
13,864 Posts
And this is the kind of First Family that some people want to put in the White House?

:screwy:

·
Registered
220 Posts
It's amazing that they would refer to any gun as a "weapon of mass destruction" they also say that there were no "weapons of mass destruction" found in Iraq.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
42 acres? Probably big enough for a shooting range. Knob Creek II?

I would open the range with a signal cannon at 4am every morning until the Edwards' moved out or sent in troops.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts