Cancer Cured With A Couple Pills?

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by Nemo, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

This could be bigger than penicillin in the history of medical treatment. Yet it is similar basis of treatment.

Let us hope this guy is right. Seems like a credible source and credible story.

Nemo

https://www.jpost.com/HEALTH-SCIENC...ientists-say-they-think-they-found-one-578939

Phil1979 likes this.

2. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

I don't understand what he's saying. Is he implying the cure only takes a few weeks to facilitate the cure or that it has to be repeated after a few weeks?

3. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

Not in the US. The FDA will require 10 years of tests on animals followed by 10 years of tests on humans. And when it's finally released in the US, for some strange reason it will cost tens or hundreds of times what the rest of the world pays per dose.

4. atlsrt44

atlsrt44 Well-Known Member

Could just be the Israeli version of Elon musk... selling hype

gunsmoker likes this.
  5. Nemo

You go through a treatment lasting several weeks. You are cured.

If it comes back a year or 4 later, you do a couple more weeks of pills and get cured again. Like getting the flu or some other type infection.

Much like current treatments. For example several years back RBG had treatment for pancreatic cancer. Recently she was diagnosed and treated for lung cancer.

Some women get early detection for breast cancer and get treatment. It gets cured with no return, ever.

Thats how I understand the article.

But either way, you get lung cancer and take a pill every 2 weeks for 40 years or radiation and chemo and surgery and all for a year (with all the downside on that) and maybe cured or maybe live 2, 5 or 10 years?

I'll do the once a month or week or whatever method.

Nemo

6. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Here is my dubious face. I'll make sure to check this thread again in one year for updates.

7. GM404

GM404 Well-Known Member

Read the last paragraph...they are at least a few years from any trials. Looks like someone looking for money for research.

I get it, the Israelis are fantastic when it comes to medical R&D, but a "cure all" for cancer? Yeah...ain't happening anytime soon.

gunsmoker likes this.
  8. NTA

NTA Well-Known Member

9. zetor

zetor Well-Known Member

Suicide by big pharma? I don't know what their agenda is. Seems awfully dangerous to put that out there .....BS or not.

10. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

I'm with GM404-- this sounds like a publicity stunt-press release to generate buzz that will result in some federal grant money being thrown their way.
    I am highly skeptical.

11. Nemo

Another view.

Nemo

https://www.foxnews.com/health/cure...cientists-claim-to-be-on-brink-of-development

12. Phil1979

Phil1979 Member Georgia Carry

A lot of advancements have been made in understanding and working with peptides and genetics. These peptides are markers on cells and the right payload can target them with a toxin. Using genetically modified viruses to infect bacteria creates a vehicle that can target multiple peptides. The cancer cells can't mutate their peptides fast enough to avoid all the "missiles".

They can when a drug targets a single marker.

This is the real deal.

13. rle737ng

rle737ng Member

Genetically modified viruses to cure cancer? Wait, didn't I see a movie about this? Oh yeah, "I am Legend".

14. atlsrt44

atlsrt44 Well-Known Member

Took the words out of my mouth

15. GM404

GM404 Well-Known Member

Let's revisit this thread in 15 years and see where we are. I know where I would put my money, and it's not on this.

Another point of view...

http://blogs.cancer.org/drlen/2019/01/29/a-cure-for-cancer-not-so-fast/