It's that time of the year again....
Please support GCO by volunteering at the Conyers Cherry Blossom Festival
Georgia International Horse Park
1996 Centennial Olympic Parkway
Conyers, GA

Saturday, March 25 : 10:00AM - 5:00PM
Sunday, March 26: 10:00AM - 5:00PM
Admission Free, Parking $5.00

This one is an outdoor event, GCO will have the tent set up for the event.
Bring the family, hang out for the day

CONYERS Cherry Blossom Festival

If you have any questions, you may send a PM (private message) or email to Bruce Greenfield [email protected] or call me at 678-662-9498 to schedule.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,937 Posts
I openly carried my sidearm there once a couple or three years ago. No one batted an eye. All the LE folks there were cool with it.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Due to unfortunate circumstances we will NOT be at the Conyers Cherry Blossom festival -

This is in NO WAY a reflection on Conyers or the International Horse Park - they are NOT anti-carry

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,937 Posts
Just curious, what happened?

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Just curious, what happened?
If conyers was ok and the venue was ok with it then the only other party is the festival itself

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,937 Posts

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
My guess is the coordinator of the table had a personal matter pop up. Which is perfectly fine. I doubt the event organizers suddenly switched their stance after so many years.
That was my second guess. The way it was posted sounded like they did not allow it.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I hope most of you are not on my trial jury....

This was in no way the fault Conyers, the Horse Park, the management company or the Cherry trees...

The fault for this falls GCO and as the coordinator I will take the blame for it (although I think the US Postal Service may have played a part).
We messed up on getting our application in on time and since this is a VERY popular festival, they were unable to squeeze us in.
They were actually quite apologetic about having no place that they could put us at the last minute.

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Stupid post office.

·
Registered
4,237 Posts
I hope most of you are not on my trial jury....

This was in no way the fault Conyers, the Horse Park, the management company or the Cherry trees...

The fault for this falls GCO and as the coordinator I will take the blame for it (although I think the US Postal Service may have played a part).
We messed up on getting our application in on time and since this is a VERY popular festival, they were unable to squeeze us in.
They were actually quite apologetic about having no place that they could put us at the last minute.
BG_Atl, check your private messages.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts