Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://blogs.seattleweekly.com/dailywee ... _dogs.php#
The first paragraph of the Vancouver Sun story that details the last moments of Susie the sled dog's life is difficult to read. The dog--bred to entertain tourists during the 2010 Winter Olympics--had apparently outlived its usefulness to the company Outdoor Adventures of Whistler. And there, outside, near what would eventually turn into a mass grave, an employee of the company was ordered to kill the dog and 99 others like her--a task that, in Susie's case, was neither quick nor painless.
:evil:

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Re: Outdoor Adventures orders 100 dogs killed

Mother :censored:! Hearing a story about a dog dying painfully always gets me. Dogs are so loyal to their owners for the most part and even after getting shot in the face, the animal didn't turn on the person. I'm gonna go give my dog a great big hug now.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts

Heard about this back when it first broke. Was hard to read any of the articles. I don't get how a person could have done that, much less why. Sad... :(

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,109 Posts

This has nothing to do with our own "Outdoor Adventures" gun store here in Cobb County / Smyrna / Marietta, right?

Then the title of your thread is misleading. I'd change it to "Some Canadian Winter Adventure Company Kills 100 Dogs." Or something like that.

EDITED TO CORRECT MYSELF: The gun and hunting store in Smyrna is actually called "Adventure Outdoors" not "Outdoor Adventures." Ooops. My bad. Still, one is close enough to the other that one name is easily confused with and assumed to be the other. Thanks for fixing the Subject Line any way.

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,896 Posts
That makes me sick...

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
The manager who actually did the killing is filing for worker's comp, claiming he has PTSD from the incident.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
If he didn't have some form of serious mental issues after doing something like that, I'd be even a little more worried.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
This kind of :censored: makes me sick. How do people do that kind of stuff?

·
يفخر الكافر
3,938 Posts
I hope he has recurring nightmares about the disfigured faces of those dogs for the rest of his despicable little life... :evil:

...or, better yet, let him have recurring nightmares about pissed off gun-toting huskies hunting him down and putting a bullet through his jaw.

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,896 Posts
If my boss would have asked me to do something like this, I would have just walked out. No way I could go through with this.

I'd rather be poor and on the streets then have to live with doing that for the rest of my life. Money and a job is NOT everything.

·
Registered
404 Posts
kestak said:
Keep in mind that each time you buy a Chinese product you buy from people who hang alive dogs by the rear legs, let them a couple of hours scream in pain, then cut the veins of their front legs to have them die slowly. they consider dogs "prepared" like that a delicacy.

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...page=1&ndsp=22&ved=1t:429,r:0,s:0&tx=76&ty=77
I know someone who has seen this in person. It makes me sick to think about it. I have a hard time looking at the pictures.

Corey

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
EJR914 said:
If my boss would have asked me to do something like this, I would have just walked out. No way I could go through with this.

I'd rather be poor and on the streets then have to live with doing that for the rest of my life. Money and a job is NOT everything.
From what I've heard though, if this guy would have walked, the dogs would have then starved to death right where they were. Now before that happened, someone might have done something, but its hard to say for sure. Still, extremely sad and disturbing.

ETA: on the topic of animals killed for food: watching any animal die a slow and painful death should be distrubing to everyone. At the same time, we have to keep in mind that even the methods used in our food industry here in the US doesn't always guarantee a quick and "painless" kill. Don't get me wrong, I'm far from a vegan or vegetarian, but it happens here too, not just other countries....

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
martin_j001 said:
EJR914 said:

From what I've heard though, if this guy would have walked, the dogs would have then starved to death right where they were. Now before that happened, someone might have done something, but its hard to say for sure. Still, extremely sad and disturbing.

ETA: on the topic of animals killed for food: watching any animal die a slow and painful death should be distrubing to everyone. At the same time, we have to keep in mind that even the methods used in our food industry here in the US doesn't always guarantee a quick and "painless" kill. Don't get me wrong, I'm far from a vegan or vegetarian, but it happens here too, not just other countries....
Even the WORSE way to kill animals by the modern Western food industry is not equal to the way the barbarian Chineses kill. I talked about dogs because we talk about dogs here. What about boiling cats alive? What about removing the feathers of the birds alive? It makes them taste better. And what about harvesting prisoners organs? What you do not read in the liberal media, is that the prisoners in China KNOW they are kept in prison to be harvested. When they bring the political class of prisoners, they do all the compatibility tests. But of course, the big bad boy is the USA....

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
EJR914 said:

+1.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
kestak said:
Even the WORSE way to kill animals by the modern Western food industry is not equal to the way the barbarian Chineses kill. I talked about dogs because we talk about dogs here. What about boiling cats alive? What about removing the feathers of the birds alive? It makes them taste better. And what about harvesting prisoners organs? What you do not read in the liberal media, is that the prisoners in China KNOW they are kept in prison to be harvested. When they bring the political class of prisoners, they do all the compatibility tests. But of course, the big bad boy is the USA....
Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to justify it, I'm just trying to provide some perspective. For the most part, here in the US we have laws about killing animals humanely when it has to be done--it doesn't always go down that way though, that's for sure. For more perspective, we should think about what people consider food vs. pets. Here in the US, most people only think of dogs and cats as pets. In much of the rest of the world, they're animals just like anything else--and therefore CAN be food too. We consider it acceptable here in the US to drop lobster and crap into a pot of boiling water, right? We justify/accept that because we strictly consider it food. Maybe the same is true of the Chinese that do the same with cats?

Again, don't get my wrong, I'm not trying to justify it at all, I'm just trying to keep it in perspective. [My wife and I have 4 cats, and I would protect them as if they're my kids if ever needed]

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
UPDATE: http://blogs.seattleweekly.com/dailywee ... led-do.php
Seven-and-a-half months after news broke that the company Outdoor Adventures (not to be confused with the gun place) Whistler had ordered the slaughter of between 50 and 100 sled dogs for business purposes, the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals has finished its investigation into the incident.

The SPCA is asking that the employee behind the killings be charged with crimes that could see him jailed for more than five years. As for the company that ordered the killings, however, the group apparently thinks it should be let off the hook.
"Under the criminal code, the maximum penalty this individual could receive is five years in jail," Moriarty said.

"In addition, [he] can receive a lifetime ban on owning animals and a significant fine."
:screwy:
How the SPCA determined that the company deserves no legal blame in the massacre is beyond us.
:exactly:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts