Can we put together our own version...

Discussion in 'Places Off-Limits' started by mzmtg, Apr 3, 2006.

1. mzmtg

mzmtg Active Member

...of this letter using GA stats?

http://www.combatcarry.com/vbulletin/sh ... php?t=8509

2. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

Two Comments

1-- I love this letter, but it's probably too long to be effective. Only the first paragraph is likely to be read by the target audience--the rest to be skimmed briefly. Business managers are busy people, and if you send them a letter "out of the blue" when they aren't expecting a debate on the lawful carrying of firearms, it would be best to send them something that's no more than 300 words in length and easily fits on one page of paper with normal font size, margins, and spacing.

2-- Although most of us in Georgia have had "training" in firearms by somebody, somewhere (could be in the Army, could be from when we were in Boy Scouts, or it could have been by our parents...), we don't want to give the impression that you have to pass a test to get a Georgia carry permit. It's true for Texas, but not true for us here in Georgia.

3. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

some of it could not be converted as their is no accounting for the total number of GFL's in Georgia nor is there any number for those revoked.

To get those you would probably have to send 159 Open record requests (one for each county probate court) and request their totals, if they even keep totals.

4. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

And, if you are going to send it, get rid of the "I do not know to whom I am sending this letter" syndrome and the "Sir or Madam" and send it to a real person.

Take your pick.

Cinemark USA, Inc.

CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER LEE ROY MITCHELL 3900 DALLAS PKWY STE 500
    PLANO, TEXAS 75093

CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER ROBERT COPPLE 3900 DALLAS PKWY STE 500
    PLANO, TEXAS 75093

SECRETARY TANDY MITCHELL 3900 DALLAS PKWY STE 500
    PLANO, TEXAS 75093

5. geaux_tigers

geaux_tigers Member

gunsmoker's right. It's way too long. The term "executive summary" comes to mind. I care about this issue and I didn't even finish the whole thing. I definitely agree with the concept and sending it to a specific C-level person, as Malum suggests, is definitely the way to go.

We need to have gun owners declared as a protected class. :D