Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was a victim of a armed robbery while I walked home. I had my .45 on me but I didnt have anything in the chamber. After a lecture from a police i was told i couldn't have anything in it. Is this true?

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no

It was in my holster outside of my shirt the whole time, but he had a gun to my head so i couldnt do anything. he got a wallet with no money and a ipod.

·
Tactical Statistician
13,595 Posts
Re: no

mike316atl said:
It was in my holster outside of my shirt the whole time.
Can't believe he didn't pluck the .45 out and take it too. I guess he was too focused on what he was doing to notice. "OK self, pull gun.....take wallet....run."

Glad you are OK.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
I always have one in the pipe. Not only does it save that second or two, it gives you +1.

Interesting that a cop would say not to have one in the pipe, he must be against the 2nd amendment.

I would have asked, "What about a wheel gun?"

·
68,972 Posts
Mike316atl, was this a recent incident?

The short answer to your question is that the police officer was either lying or simply engaging his mouth before engaging his brain. There is no legal requirement that the firearm you are carrying have an empty chamber, Israeli style.

I am sorry to hear that this happened to you, but glad to hear you are ok.

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
Mike- Gald to hear you are ok.

Man, uneducated cop. That erks me more than anything. People in a position that have no clue what the hell they are talking about and then dont try to become educated in a line of business they perform.

Would you feel comfortable posting place of incident?

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
I always carry with a round in the chamber, If I need to get to my G23 I don't have time to play slingshot first.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
:shock:

That sucks, glad he just wanted your wallet and that you came out of it ok.

As for your question try doing a search on "chambered and pipe". That will give you a couple of threads where this has been previously discussed. The search feature is a great thing around here. We have talked about soooo many gun related questions & issues that you stand a good chance of finding what you have a questions about.

Welcome aboard.
Come down to Macon this weekend to the Eastman gunshow join up with GCO!

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
I assume you called the police after it occurred so they could file a report. Did they nab you for carrying without a GFL?

·
Atlanta Overwatch
13,865 Posts
1st) Glad to hear that you are OK and that the BG didn't get your .45.

2nd) There is nothing in GA law that says that you can't carry chambered. I would venture to guess that nearly everyone on this site carries with a round in the pipe. There is no guarantee that if something happens you'll have time to rack the slide. I want my guns to be ready to go if needed. I use a holster that completely covers the trigger and keep my finger out of the trigger guard until ready to fire.

·
16,485 Posts
Adam5 said:
I would venture to guess that nearly everyone on this site carries with a round in the pipe.
I don't. I carry without anything in the magwell or chamber so that I can rack the slide before entering rooms and in elevators and cars, just like in the movies. 8)

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thanks for all the info

It really helped me, once i get a replacement card i will be ready. But ya it happened last week. I stay in fulton county.

·
Registered
588 Posts
You should find that dumb a$$ sob and tell him thanks, he almost, might have gotten you killed. Beware of your environment around you at all times. Glad to hear you are okay though.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
budder said:
Adam5 said:
I would venture to guess that nearly everyone on this site carries with a round in the pipe.
I don't. I carry without anything in the magwell or chamber so that I can rack the slide before entering rooms and in elevators and cars, just like in the movies. 8)
:lol:

budder = :ninja:

·
16,485 Posts
merlock said:
budder said:
Adam5 said:

:roll: Ninjas don't use guns.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
budder said:
merlock said:
budder said:
Adam5 said:

lol...then I guess we need a tacti-cool smiley :p

·
16,485 Posts
merlock said:
budder said:
merlock said:
budder said:
Adam5 said:

lol...then I guess we need a tacti-cool smiley :p
Indeed. I don't want my carry style (Condition Cool) to be left out!

·
Registered
684 Posts
budder said:
Adam5 said:
good idea... do you also kick open every door you encounter?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts