Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have no artistic talent what so ever. I was wondering if anyone with some photoshop skills could make me a water mark I can start applying to some high reso pictures Ill be taking in the future.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Are you talking about making some sort of graphic design image that you can load as part of a copyright statement to your photos?

Just want to make sure I understand you correctly.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So a name I've used online in general and for gaming for a long time is "Vermillion Studios" with a wolf head.

Basically a water mark is something I paste into the corner of any of my photos, think of it like a signature.

edit: I'm not looking for something big that goes over the middle of the photo to prevent theft, but more or less as stated a form of a signature.

·
Under Scrutiny
19,384 Posts

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yup thats basically it. (obviously on much larger pictures I want people to be able to read it better)

What Im curious about is if there is a way to just use something like MSpaint to paste it on my photos and have it be transparent.

I dont own any special software for doing photos/graphics.

·
Super Moderator
7,120 Posts

·
Senior Mumbler
6,434 Posts
DJGibb said:
Yup thats basically it. (obviously on much larger pictures I want people to be able to read it better)

What Im curious about is if there is a way to just use something like MSpaint to paste it on my photos and have it be transparent.

I dont own any special software for doing photos/graphics.
Paint won't do what you want, at least not easily.

Someone mentioned GIMP which is free. It has a bit of a learning curve, but is a pretty powerful graphics program.

I still use Picture Publisher 10 (an old faithful of mine) for most graphic work, but break out GIMP for some things that PP10 is too outdated to accomplish.

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
the gimp software looks pretty cool, i've heard about it but never checked it out, maybe i'll play around with it and see how i like it, can't beat free! i started using corel about 8-9 years ago and moved to adobe illustrator and photoshop 4 a couple years later. i now do a most of my graphics play with fireworks and use photoshop (can't justify the upgrade from 7) in some capacity nearly every day, i'm still learning though.

·
Registered
26 Posts
This work?

When you paste it onto a picture in MSPAINT - look at the toolbar on the left. At the very bottom of it will be two pictures. They have three primitives (a cylinder, a sphere, and a block) - The top of the two pictures will have a green block overlaying on the picture with a white background. The one below however will have a green block overlaying a picture with no background, click this one and it should allow you to paste the "logo" onto the picture without the annoying white background :) (although when you do it in paint, it comes out having an annoying white bit around the edges, to fix this, you can zoom in x3 and erase them manually (sure it's annoying to erase them but that's the pains of using MS products lol)

Hope you enjoy!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts