Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read other gun boards about Ohio, etc, which have strange cc laws which change when one enters his vehicle. I've read the GA laws a dozen times just to be safe, but with such emphasis on "the glove box or console" in several posts, and that one poor fella who got stopped at a roadblock, I just want to make sure.

I carry concealed in a bellyband and don't bother to place gun on seat or in console or in glovebox when I enter my vehicle and begin driving. Am I allowed to keep the iron where it is while driving?

I just started packing recently, so I'm new to the game and still learning the ropes....

By the way, I'm new here--glad to meet ya.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How about procedure if LEO stops me

I've seen an entire video tape for sale with proper GA procedure if a CC permit holder is pulled over by LEO, but this this is cheaper than the $10...

I know that if I'm asked, I should be honest that "Yes, officer, there's a pistol in my pocket--I'm not just glad to see you," but if I have a broken tail light, or a random roadblock, or other stop do I need to volunteer that I'm packing?

If not, might I be better off to do so anyway, perhaps just to protect myself from the over-zealous officer who takes it personally that I'd keep such info, if it happens to come up while I "toe the line" along the roadside and he notices a bulge (I don't even drink, but have had to do a drunk test before when totally sober, so I ask).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.