Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8,848 Posts
Need markings and/or something for size reference. I’d guess .22, .25, or .32 if that’s marking twine but if it’s tow straps, it’s probably S&W 500.

It could also be a starter pistol…

·
NRA Certified Instructor
5,260 Posts
From the photo you provided? No...

How about a photo of the cylinder open from the breach end? How about providing a model number or name? Or you could look on the barrel since it should be stamped there. You could also take it to most gun shops and they should be able to tell you.

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,612 Posts
What caliber would you want it to be in,
to be used as your next daily carry pistol?

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,612 Posts
Imperial Metal Products.
An American company that built Saturday night specials in the1970's after the Gun Control Act of 1968 restricted importing junk guns from overseas.

The very long ramp front sight, which looks like something Evel Knievel would jump a motorcycle from, is a giveaway thst it's an I.M.P.

This is certainly a 22 rimfire. It could be the model 7, the model 9, or the model 11,
depending on whether it was meant to use shorts, longs, or long rifle rounds.

Revolver Trigger Air gun Ruler Line
Trigger Air gun Gun barrel Wood Gun accessory

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I wouldn’t carry a revolver unless that was all I had and I would hope is wasn’t a 22 if that was all I had.

Thank ya’ll for the answers....
Brian

·
Registered
171 Posts
Imperial Metal Products.
An American company that built Saturday night specials in the1970's after the Gun Control Act of 1968 restricted importing junk guns from overseas.

The very long ramp front sight, which looks like something Evel Knievel would jump a motorcycle from, is a giveaway thst it's an I.M.P.

This is certainly a 22 rimfire. It could be the model 7, the model 9, or the model 11,
depending on whether it was meant to use shorts, longs, or long rifle rounds.

View attachment 19607 View attachment 19608
I noticed the huge front ramp site - good way to help identify it. 👍

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
I wouldn’t carry a revolver unless that was all I had and I would hope is wasn’t a 22 if that was all I had.

Brian
I carry a revolver. It has served me well.

·
Atlanta Overwatch
13,946 Posts

Brian
What’s wrong with a revolver? I have no issues carrying my Colt King Cobra loaded with hand loaded JHP’s. It’s proven itself to be 100%?reliable, and full power .357 Magnum rounds are very effective.

·
Man of Myth and Legend
15,401 Posts
One day you may see the light. Hope you live long enough.

Or just learn to make better choices.

Nemo

Reactions: Adam5

·
Senior Mumbler
6,649 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I haven't ran across anything....Some had speculated that brian laundrie had killed the couple in Moab and this was the gun he used. Far fetched in my opinion.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts