Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
........here in NW Atlanta? I have Trijicon Night Sights on the way and I'd rather have someone local put them on for me to save shipping costs.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Tucker Gun did my Glock and 1911. Price seemed reasonable, and turnaround was fast (1-2 days). When I dropped off the Glock, it was late afternoon, but it sounded like it would have been "while you wait" if I'd come earlier.

For NW Atlanta, you might try Adventure Outdoors, Hot Shots, or Nick's (formerly Ed's) Guns.

·
Registered
5,798 Posts
If it is a Glock just take it to their Smyna facility. I've heard they'll do it for free.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, I ended up taking it to Nick's (Ed's), dropped it off Tuesday after putting 100 rounds through it with my new Pierce Grips :wink: and picked it up Wednesday afternoon. I was spotting with it later that night in my dark home and it seems plenty bright to me. I've read that many people think that they are not bright. Anyway, about 600 rounds so far and now just waiting for my GFL......1 month and counting.

·
Professional Troll
2,148 Posts
Make sure you unload before you go in. They wont let anyone enter the building with a loaded firearm. Great bunch of folks there though. Glock has wonderful customer service.

·
Registered
8,809 Posts
ICP_Juggalo said:
Make sure you unload before you go in. They wont let anyone enter the building with a loaded firearm. Great bunch of folks there though. Glock has wonderful customer service.
That annoys the crap out of me. Gun shops and ranges being "off limits". They're trusting you to buy from them and act responsibly, just not when you're in their store.

·
Registered
5,798 Posts
ptsmith24 said:
ICP_Juggalo said:
That annoys the crap out of me. Gun shops and ranges being "off limits". They're trusting you to buy from them and act responsibly, just not when you're in their store.
He's talking about the Glock factory.

·
Registered
8,809 Posts
Rammstein said:
ptsmith24 said:
ICP_Juggalo said:
I know, but still. Why should that factory be any different?

·
Registered
5,798 Posts
ptsmith24 said:
Rammstein said:
ptsmith24 said:
ICP_Juggalo said:
Because it is not a range nor a gun store. The only reason someone other than a factory worker is gonna be there is to get their gun fixed. Well, that or pick up some of the freebies they give out.

·
Registered
8,809 Posts
Rammstein said:
ptsmith24 said:
Rammstein said:
ptsmith24 said:
ICP_Juggalo said:
Because it is not a range nor a gun store. The only reason someone other than a factory worker is gonna be there is to get their gun fixed. Well, that or pick up some of the freebies they give out.
But why should it be off limits? That's like saying "The only reason you should be at a gas station is to get gas or pick up something at the store. You shouldn't need to carry."

·
Registered
5,798 Posts
Because they are a private firm with a gate and a guard. As a condition of your entry your weapon must be unloaded.

But why should it be off limits? It is not off limits, they just want your gun to be unloaded. Mainly, because you are taking your gun there to be repaired and it is a safety issue to be pulling out a loaded weapon and unloading it in their office.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Did anybody ever actually go to the Glock facility to have sights installed? Do they really do it for free? What's the turnaround?

I have Trijicon night sights for my G27 coming. It's not that I mind paying someone to do it, but I thought it might be cool to see the factory.

·
Registered
5,798 Posts
Jeffrey101 said:
Did anybody ever actually go to the Glock facility to have sights installed? Do they really do it for free? What's the turnaround?
Yes [not me].

Yes.

A few minutes while the tech changes out your sights.

People on GlockTalk have done it before...or so I have read.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Rammstein said:
Jeffrey101 said:
Yes [not me].

Yes.

A few minutes while the tech changes out your sights.

People on GlockTalk have done it before...or so I have read.
I called Glock this morning and asked them about it. They told me to feel free and drop by. So, I did...

Everybody there was very friendly and helpful. The tech brought my gun back to me in about 10 minutes with the new sights installed. They charged nothing...

He did tell me not to shoot it today (to give the locktite time to dry), which was kind of a bummer, because I'm anxious to try it out with the new sights. :)

Overall, I could not be more impressed with their customer service.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts