Can anyone recommend local shop to install night sights...

Discussion in 'Ranges, Dealers & Smiths' started by larz, Jun 15, 2007.

1. larz

larz Member

........here in NW Atlanta? I have Trijicon Night Sights on the way and I'd rather have someone local put them on for me to save shipping costs.

2. pyromaster

pyromaster Member

check with Tucker Gun.
    They just installed a new front sight on my Sig yesterday for $10.

3. Broadside Bob

Broadside Bob Member

Tucker Gun did my Glock and 1911. Price seemed reasonable, and turnaround was fast (1-2 days). When I dropped off the Glock, it was late afternoon, but it sounded like it would have been "while you wait" if I'd come earlier.

For NW Atlanta, you might try Adventure Outdoors, Hot Shots, or Nick's (formerly Ed's) Guns.

4. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

If it is a Glock just take it to their Smyna facility. I've heard they'll do it for free.

5. ls1ssdavid

ls1ssdavid New Member

Where exactly is the Symrna Glock facility? Does it state on the website? haven't looked. I know lazyness...

6. larz

larz Member

Thanks, I ended up taking it to Nick's (Ed's), dropped it off Tuesday after putting 100 rounds through it with my new Pierce Grips :wink: and picked it up Wednesday afternoon. I was spotting with it later that night in my dark home and it seems plenty bright to me. I've read that many people think that they are not bright. Anyway, about 600 rounds so far and now just waiting for my GFL......1 month and counting.

7. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

http://www.topglock.com/info/history.htm

There ya go.

8. ls1ssdavid

ls1ssdavid New Member

Much appreciated :lol: Planning to go there next week.

9. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Awesome. Let us know how it goes.

10. ICP_Juggalo

ICP_Juggalo Professional Troll

Make sure you unload before you go in. They wont let anyone enter the building with a loaded firearm. Great bunch of folks there though. Glock has wonderful customer service.

11. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

That annoys the crap out of me. Gun shops and ranges being "off limits". They're trusting you to buy from them and act responsibly, just not when you're in their store.

12. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

He's talking about the Glock factory.

13. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

I know, but still. Why should that factory be any different?

14. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Because it is not a range nor a gun store. The only reason someone other than a factory worker is gonna be there is to get their gun fixed. Well, that or pick up some of the freebies they give out.

15. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

But why should it be off limits? That's like saying "The only reason you should be at a gas station is to get gas or pick up something at the store. You shouldn't need to carry."

16. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Because they are a private firm with a gate and a guard. As a condition of your entry your weapon must be unloaded.

But why should it be off limits? It is not off limits, they just want your gun to be unloaded. Mainly, because you are taking your gun there to be repaired and it is a safety issue to be pulling out a loaded weapon and unloading it in their office.

17. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Didn't know it was gated.

18. Jeffrey101

Jeffrey101 New Member

Did anybody ever actually go to the Glock facility to have sights installed? Do they really do it for free? What's the turnaround?

I have Trijicon night sights for my G27 coming. It's not that I mind paying someone to do it, but I thought it might be cool to see the factory.

19. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Yes [not me].

Yes.

A few minutes while the tech changes out your sights.

People on GlockTalk have done it before...or so I have read.

20. Jeffrey101

Jeffrey101 New Member

I called Glock this morning and asked them about it. They told me to feel free and drop by. So, I did...

Everybody there was very friendly and helpful. The tech brought my gun back to me in about 10 minutes with the new sights installed. They charged nothing...

He did tell me not to shoot it today (to give the locktite time to dry), which was kind of a bummer, because I'm anxious to try it out with the new sights. :)

Overall, I could not be more impressed with their customer service.