Can Anyone Help?

Discussion in 'GENERAL EVENTS' started by NetAdminWithGun, Jun 21, 2007.

1. NetAdminWithGun

NetAdminWithGun New Member

I just found out the rifle comp. (100 yard) i'm going to saturday morning doesn't allow scopes! or bolt guns that don't take detachable magazines or stripper clips.

I really dont want to use my 10-22 so does anyone have any of the following, i would be insanely greatful and anything borrowed can be returned when i get back.

Have 100+ rounds of surplus 7.62x54R and a couple of stripper clips?
    or
    An AR-15/M14 or any other non scoped .223?
    or
    Or 8mm mauser ammo and stripper clips?
    or:
    over 100 rounds of cheap 7.62x39mm? (wow, using an AK in competition is going to be funny)

Anything borrowed will be compensated for, and anything of mine you guys can borrow at any time. I just sighted in my AR so maybe some one can just swap with me for a day for a normal one.

I'm in alpharetta till 6 then woodstock the rest of the day. Thanks guys.

2. NetAdminWithGun

Also anyone who wants go to with me is more then welcome.

3. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

I won't be home (Cumming) until about 6:30 or so, but I have some 147gr Bulgarian surplus 7.62x54R. I only have one stripper clip though.

4. NetAdminWithGun

that may just do it, let me look into it.

5. jp233

jp233 hu huh, you said "Member"

I have a metric ass-ton of AK/SKS ammo.

I have 8mm Mauser too, unsure of the number but I have several hundo. Unsure of stripper clips. I used to have a few, dont know where they went tho.

I have Mosin 7.62x54R ammo too, unsure of the number but its probably only a hundo and fifty ? I have stripper clips too but they dont fit my M44 well at all. They hold ammo together, though. :lol:

No AR's here.... yet.

and I'm a stone's throw from Woodstock. feel free to PM

6. Macktee

Macktee New Member

I have four stripper clips that you're welcome to use. I used to have five, but gave one to Adam.

What part of this great state do you normally roam? I'm in Alpharetta but could meet you, or leave them for you, at Bullseye in Cumming or anyplace in between.

I also have about 50 rounds of ammo.

7. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

I'll be comming and going from my computer for the next hour. If you need the ammo call my cell phone. (770)827-7193. I probably have 150-200 rounds of ammo

Adam

8. NetAdminWithGun

You guys kick ass. I'm going to PM JP223 and will let you guys know if i need anyting else. Thanks so much guys.

9. Macktee

Macktee New Member

Oh yeah, about the stripper clips...

Some are tight and some just barely hold the ammo and they really don't speed up loading all that much. If at all. I bought them, but don't use them as I can usually load individual rounds about as quickly and with far less chance of getting jammed up in the process. You'll really need to practice using them. Really need to do so!

Either you'll need lots of practice or I just fat-fingered them...

I guess it could just be me and not the clips...

I guess...

Possibly...

My second-grade teacher told my mom (who still brings it up with some regularity), that I'd never make a living with my hands.....

10. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

Hey Mack,

Speaking of Bullseye, why did you run Norm off?

8)

11. Macktee

Macktee New Member

Did you see my post on that? He's starting his own home and personal protection business. When he told me about it a few weeks ago, he was really (as in REALLY!!!) excited about it. I wish him well. Good guy... just don't tell him I said so.

12. NetAdminWithGun

Thanks to JP233, i'm saved.

I bought 80 7.62x54R , 200 7.62x39 and 60 8mm mauser from him. Good guy.

13. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

No, I didn't. I'll have to look for it.

14. jp233

depleting my stash a little bit just means that i get to jump on some other ammo deal i may find, to further live by my mantra "buy it cheap, stack it deep" :wink:

15. NetAdminWithGun

Me and YuN Got back from teh rifle competition. I fair ALOT better in IDPA but i learned the most i have in a long time.

We ended up placing dead last, i beat YuN though so thats all that matters. I have a bruise on my shoulder from shooting my 91/30 that much, i'll bring my AR next time.

16. jp233

Yup Russian soldiers didnt care about sore shoulders when there were Germans trying to kill them!!!

But they are fun to shoot with a recoil pad, I've shot 100's of Mosin/Mauser in one day. If you do get one or two that you dont have closed up on the shoulder..... then you pay dearly though.

17. NetAdminWithGun

it wasn't that bad until we had to do 20 slow shots prone. Being prone your body doesn't have anywhere to go so it has to just take it. It wasn't to bad, but i'll bring my AR next time.