I get these somewhat regularly, call it a body of evidence of why having college campuses off limits is a bad idea
9MM stops rape a heck of a lot sooner than 911This message is being provided to the Emory community as required by federal regulations.
An Emory student reported to Emory Police Department that on Sunday, April 22, at about 5 a.m., she awoke in her Harris Hall room to find an unknown male touching her. The individual ran from the room when the student awoke.
The student described him as 5'9", medium build with short black hair wearing a black t-shirt and black sweatpants.
Anyone having information relevant to the incident is encouraged to call the EPD at 727-8005.
The incident was reported to EPD Monday, April 23. While EPD continues to investigate the incident, they determined it was important to inform the Emory community, and to offer the following general safety tips:
- After dark, walk with a partner or in a group whenever possible
- Avoid poorly lit areas
- Know where you are and be aware of your surroundings
- Use the safety escort service by calling 404-727-PARK
- Always lock your residence hall room especially in the evenings before retiring for the night
- Do not hesitate to report suspicious activity to police by calling 9-1-1 or 404-727-6111 (EPD emergency), or by using elevator phones or blue light emergency phones located throughout campus
- Consider including Emory Police in your cell phone directory: EPD 404-727-6111