Campus Carry

Discussion in 'GA Laws and Politics' started by Rammstein, Apr 17, 2007.

1. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

As a member of Georgia Carry Org and a college student what I would like to see from GCO in the next legislative session is action to try to get the prohibition on college campus carry repealed.

2. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Seems like a really tough battle, but then again which one isn't? I'd definitely like to see this, also. Even though it may be after I graduate before it potentially passes through, it would still be good to see for the future students here and at other campuses.

3. Taler

Taler New Member

As someone who last was in a university class more than 30 years ago, I'd like to see it as well.

4. EagleEye920

EagleEye920 Member

As a staff member on a college campus ("sitting duck"), I'd like to see this as a priority as well!

5. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Already in the works . . . :wink: and farther along than you might think. :-$

Hopefully, there will be something public by the next GCO membership meeting, which is also in the works.

6. S&W 40

S&W 40 Active Member

I am all for anything that GCO does to help us, all of us.

Speaking of the next GCO meeting is there a scheduled date? I never did get any meeting notes, are there some out?

7. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday New Member

How about public schools? I know, I know,.........but I can dream can't I?

8. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

As someone that wants wants to go back to school and finish his degree, after his wife gets her masters, I would like to see it lifted.

9. Malum Prohibitum

If you mean public K-12, it has been shopped around. I cannot get anyone to touch it with a ten foot pole. Not anyone.

10. Malum Prohibitum

You could always move to Alabama or Oregon.

11. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday New Member

If you mean public K-12, it has been shopped around. I cannot get anyone to touch it with a ten foot pole. Not anyone.[/quote:6t3hw3x6]

Yep, K-12. It would be nice if I could protect my flock.

12. glockgirl

glockgirl New Member

I'm in... i work on a campus.

13. ahlongslide

ahlongslide New Member

Both my wife and I are college students... oh.... that reminds me... please excuse me while I go join GCO...

I would feel a lot better if it was legal for my wife to carry at GSU...

14. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

If I went to state I would want to carry too.

15. ahlongslide

ahlongslide New Member

alright... I applied at GCO, now make it where I can carry at SPSU this summer... now is better than later :D

16. gsusnake

gsusnake Token Liberal Hippie

Let's do it!

I'm at GaSou getting my BS in Criminal Justice and I'm sick and tired of waiting for the criminals to come and show me their version of justice...

17. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

What year are you? I'm here at southern, too.

18. gsusnake

gsusnake Token Liberal Hippie

5th year, changing majors once more because I can't find one I like.

19. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Oh ok. I'm in my third year.

20. izajane

izajane New Member

Public School Carry

I work at a 'rough' high school. We've found ammunition in the parking lot...not that our administration has chosen to do anything about it- we might upset the parents of these 'good' children, or demoralize someone by expecting them to behave responsibly.

I would feel much safer if I knew that I could carry a concealed weapon with which to protect myself and my students when some gang banger decides to let a few loose on his rivals.

What frightens me the most is that I know if someone actually has the audacity to violate the school safety zone, there won't be any law abiding citizen to stop them from mudering dozens of people before the police finally arrive and they have to run away. Guess I'll just have to inform them they are breaking the law, that everyone is 'safe' in the school zone. That should keep them from shooting me.