Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I know many of you have had to go to the Dekalb County Courthouse every 5 years, I figured someone might know if cameras and smartphones are allowed in the courthouse.

My wife's sister is getting married there, and it dawned on my wife that a courthouse might not allow cameras. Here in Catoosa County, we cannot have phones, cameras, recording devices, or anything similar. I'm not sure if this is part of just Catoosa's security plan, or if it is a statewide thing.

Does anyone know for sure if cameras are allowed in the Dekalb County Courthouse?

·
Registered
8,857 Posts
It was not a problem in the probate court when I went to renew 2 weeks ago. It's a bit of a signal black hole being in the basement though.

There is also the old courthouse that is rented for parties and such...that's more of an assembly location than active courthouse. Get more details to clarify which "the courthouse" the ceremony will be in. ;)

·
Registered
4,911 Posts
Since I know many of you have had to go to the Dekalb County Courthouse every 5 years, I figured someone might know if cameras and smartphones are allowed in the courthouse.

My wife's sister is getting married there, and it dawned on my wife that a courthouse might not allow cameras. Here in Catoosa County, we cannot have phones, cameras, recording devices, or anything similar. I'm not sure if this is part of just Catoosa's security plan, or if it is a statewide thing.

Does anyone know for sure if cameras are allowed in the Dekalb County Courthouse?
Makes me wonder what Catoosa is up to that they don't want documented

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm pretty sure it is an actual brief courthouse ceremony with the magistrate judge in the generic government administration building as opposed to a fancy wedding at the Back to the Future type historic courthouse nearby. I'm glad we don't have to leave behind our phones.

I think the reasoning in Catoosa is that people could secretly take pictures of victims or something, but it does seem overbearing and is extremely inconvenient, so I try to go to the courthouse only once every 5 years. The last time I was there, they had numerous huge signs on the courthouse lawn listing all the prohibited items, and the deputies and metal detectors were immediately inside the doors of the building.

·
Registered
9,458 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts