Called the GBI today.

Discussion in 'General GWL Questions' started by SamTay04, Oct 22, 2007.

1. SamTay04

SamTay04 New Member

I called the number given by georgiacarry.org a few min. ago. I was not given much information other than "the card for this applicant have not been processed yet". :cry: I called the sheriff's office and they confirmed that they were still waiting on my "state" to be returned.

Maybe they are planning on sending it as a Christmas present. :lol:

2. Jmark

Jmark Active Member

Sounds like the SO hasn't bothered to send it in yet.

3. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

How long since you applied?

4. SamTay04

SamTay04 New Member

I believe today was day 84. :x

5. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

That is an odd reaction from the GBI. So odd, in fact, as to be unique. Did you have your ORI number handy?

6. SamTay04

SamTay04 New Member

Yeah I had the Ware County SO’s ORI number ready. With the way she responded I was assuming that she meant that the GBI hasn’t processed them yet. But I guess she could have meant that they haven’t even gotten cards to process. I can’t remember exactly what she said word for word. I am going to call the SO again in a little while and pester them some more. See if I can get them to tell me when they sent them and make sure I have the correct ORI number (I used the one from a list that somebody linked me to).

7. Malum Prohibitum

At 84 days, you are entitled to know whether the delay is reasonably attributable to the investigative process.

8. SamTay04

SamTay04 New Member

:banghead: Soooo. I called The SO again. Got them to tell me the ORI number (I used the correct one). So I call the GBI once again and get a different response. She tells me that she has found information that matches my date of birth and name but the ORI number does not match. I’m thinking that it could possibly be the ORI number for the Probate court. So after getting off the phone with her I call the Probate court. They say that they haven’t received anything from the SO and to call them. So I call the SO again and tell her that the GBI said that my stuff was processed and sent back out in September but that the ORI number does not match. She said maybe they had the ORI number of the Probate Court. “Nope already called themâ€. She then tells me that they only have one of my checks back in. “Yeah I know you told me that last timeâ€. She says that both of the numbers are probably on the prints and that’s why the ORI number does not match. I tell her that they should have both of my checks if the GBI processed it and sent it back out in September. She says well we have to get two checks back we are probably waiting on your Federal and then tells me she will go check and puts me on hold. She comes back on the line and says yep we are waiting on your Federal. Well I guess she didn’t think that I was the same person that called before and she went and checked and said they were waiting on my State. So I tell her this and she says that they look similar and she probably “got confusedâ€. She starts to go into this speech about being patient and it taking a while but I hung up on her. :banghead:

I feel like it's a ******* conspiracy or something and they just don't want me to have my license.

Sorry about the length.

9. Malum Prohibitum

:shock: Now you will be an old man before that thing issues.

10. SamTay04

SamTay04 New Member

Hopefully not :shock: .

I think they deserve a call at least once a day until I have it in my hand. :lol:

11. SamTay04

SamTay04 New Member

*Update*

The probate court said my license would be mailed out today or I could come pick it up. I think today is number 118.

:woohoo: For it being ready.

[-X For it taking 90,000 days.