CALL TO ARMS-All HERE

Discussion in 'GENERAL EVENTS' started by Bulldawg182, Oct 24, 2007.

1. Bulldawg182

Bulldawg182 Active Member

It struck me recently that we have almost 800 participants here on the forum....some active, some not so active. But, we're all here for the same reasons and have the same goals and desires for Georgia's gun laws.

GeorgiaCarry.org has proven to be the most effective path for all of us to achieve those desired goals and yet only a small percentage of forum participants are members. This makes no sense to me since the cost of membership is less than a box of ammo and the results achieved in less than one year could not have been achieved in 10 years without GeorgiaCarry.org.

ALL OF US HERE SHOULD BE MEMBERS of GEORGIACARRY.ORG. Whether you've been here from the beginning or just recently joined us.

Let's start a registration drive....right here, right now. If you're a forum participant and not a member of GEORGIACARRY.ORG.....sign up today and reply to this post that you've registered. The goal is to have at least 100 forum participants sign up and state so clearly below.

COME ON......JOIN NOW!!!!! Who'll be first?

2. Ashe

Ashe Active Member

I know that Ive been a member of GCO for a while but I joined because of this forum..

3. Bulldawg182

Attaboy, Ashe.....now put this down below so we all know it. GeorgiaCarry.org Member

4. GrimJack

GrimJack Active Member

I also joined GCO shortly after finding the forum. This is the best $15 I have spent related to firearms.

:soapbox: :rant:

The GCO is the only organization working exclusively to protect and expand the gun rights of Georgians. Come on people we need to grow this organization, we need to be heard at a local and state government level. We can do far more as an organized group than any one of us can do alone. Everyone that knows what the GCO about has to agree with their mission, everything we want is reasonable and probably legal in most other states that allow CCW. If you are sick and tired of not being able to carry in your local park, confused by the whole public gathering thing, are threatened by termination if you park in your employeers parking lot with a gun securely stored in your car, fear that you will forget that you left your carry piece in your car and your non-GFL spouse just took off in it, can't understand why the probate judge doesn't understand what 60 days means. These are but a few of the items that GCO is trying to make right. We need your help, please join us. And remember you can be part of the solution or part of the problem, it's your choice.

Sometimes you certainly feel like you are ... :deadhorse:

5. VolGrad

VolGrad Tactical Statistician

I joined because of this forum.

6. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

Awwww man... You said "CALL TO ARMS" and I started loading mags thinking the zombies or gun grabbers were comming........ :evil:

Seriously though, I joined GCO because of this site. NO ONE will do more to protect your rights to carry a firearm in Georgia than GCO will. We have goals that we want to accomplish that may be an uphill fight. There is strength in numbers and together we can meet and surpass all of our goals.

7. Claire

Claire New Member

HA! I was with Adam looking for zombies :twisted:

I found the forum looking for a gun range close by
    joined GCO the next day

8. pyromaster

pyromaster Member

ditto

9. Sharky

Sharky Active Member

I have lurked on other sites and "groups" and I will say the following.

You will never find a more professional, active, understanding, and helping group of people anywhere else when it comes to protecting the rights of Georgians!

You would think every group has their bad apples, and from time to time some appear on this forum. BUT they never last long. Good and genuine people always make a difference and everybody here is that kind of person. Nothing is a stupid question, nothing is made fun of by any member.

Not to mention the humor that comes with good people. I cant count the times I have logged in and got a good laugh when I needed one!

Keep up the good word and work!

10. Bulldawg182

We need NEW MEMBERS for GCO. If you've been waiting for the right time to join.....THIS IS IT.

11. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

If you join now, you'll get a $5 discount on your registration for the GCO FALL LUNCHEON !!!!

A shoot at the Charlie Elliot range will follow lunch!!!!

http://www.georgiacarry.org/cms/about/gco-fall-luncheon

GCO Fall Luncheon
    Self Defense Law and “What Should I Do Now?â€

November 17, 2007

Charlie Elliot Wildlife Center
    543 Elliott Trail
    Mansfield, GA 30055

GCO cordially invites you to its Fall Luncheon at the Charlie Elliott Wildlife Center’s Banquet Hall. M. Douglas King II will be speaking on the topic of Georgia’s law relating to self defense and on what you should do if you find yourself in the unfortunate situation of having to defend yourself from a violent attack. Should you speak to the police? Should you demand the presence of a lawyer? These uncertainties arise in a confusing and emotionally charged situation, and GCO’s Fall Luncheon will give you the vital information necessary to understanding what effect such decisions may potentially have on your liberty.

M. Douglas King II is a criminal defense attorney in Marietta, Georgia. Mr. King is a graduate of
    Emory University School of Law and an avid member of GCO.

More about the Charlie Elliott Wildlife Center, which is located approximately 50 miles southeast of downtown Atlanta: The expansive banquet hall contains a massive stone fireplace and adjoins a 2,500 square foot deck. Following the lunch, GCO members and their guests may enjoy a tour of the exhibits in the Visitor’s Center, a casual stroll along nature trails, casting a line in one of the 22 available fish ponds, or practicing their skills at the nearby shooting range (please familiarize yourselves with range rules). This luncheon will be taking place in a Wildlife Management Area, so please be aware of state law pertaining to firearms on Wildlife Management Areas and publicly owned or operated buildings.

Registration will begin at 11:30, with lunch at noon.

Cost is $15 for members and $20 for non-members. Please RSVP by October 31, 2007.

12. SigP229

SigP229 Active Member

Me too. Never have I gotten SO MUCH for so little $$.

13. Mafuta54

Mafuta54 Active Member

Me too! :righton: I just wish I could make it to the luncheon! :cry:

14. MaricopaKid

MaricopaKid Member

May I be first?
    I have been lurking for too long, and would like to contribute to what I consider a GREAT organization!
    Where do I send my money?
    Thanks for all you do!

David

15. Bulldawg182

Welcome and congratulations on joining GeorgiaCarry.org. Here's the online link to join:
    JOIN GEORGIACARRY.ORG

16. Mafuta54

Mafuta54 Active Member

17. Bulldawg182

MaricopaKid got us started and we've only got 99 more to go! Who's next? Lurk no more, join us instead!

Who wants to be #2?

18. Bulldawg182

NEW GEORGIACARRY.ORG MEMBERS:
    1) MaricopaKid

19. Macktee

Macktee New Member

OK, I did it.

Not joining, I did that a year ago and recently mailed in a check to pay my dues for another year.

I changed my signature line to show my member status. Something I should have done sooner. Like several others, I found the forum first and then joined GCO. I agree completely with the comments Sharky and Adam5 made. This really is a great group of people.

Well, other than GeorgiaGlocker... But, I guess we can continue to put up with him. Remember that famous line from "Animal House" when they were voting to allow Flounder to join?

"We need the dues."

:D

20. wsweeks2

wsweeks2 New Member

To add to what Sharky said - you'll never find a group of people who have such diversity in so many areas yet can actually enjoy spending time together and learning from one another.