Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
69,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Davis, 75, a certified California Department of Justice and National Rifle Association gun safety instructor, holds classes at his Springville home and at the Rankin Field Weapons Range in Tulare." ...

"Davis tells his students that unlike most states, California requires that a gun permit be renewed every two years."

"And if the state doesn't issue you a new permit, officials don't have to explain why, he said."

"... In case of a home invasion, he advises that it's best to exit out the back door or window with a cell phone, if possible, to call 911." ...

http://www.fresnobee.com/local/sv/story/144817.html

·
Super Moderator
16,485 Posts
ptsmith24 said:
Dan H said:
[quote="Malum Prohibitum":kvw8ygso]"... In case of a home invasion, he advises that it's best to exit out the back door or window with a cell phone, if possible, to call 911." ...
Yeah Right! :evil:
+1[/quote:kvw8ygso]
The only way I'm doing that is if the shotgun is located back there.

·
Registered
11 Posts
You say that, but really, if this actually happened wouldn't you want to do anything you could not to be involved in a confrontation with a burglar, who might have a gun himself. I know that everyone wants to protect their home, but I say forget that, I want to protect my family and myself. Now, if the situation was that you could jump out the window, but your kids were in another part of the house then yea, you would have to defend you home, and family. But, if it is not necessary to be involved in a confrontation, then you should try and avoid it.

Countysky
Satellite Internet Service

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
greatcountysky said:
You say that, but really, if this actually happened wouldn't you want to do anything you could not to be involved in a confrontation with a burglar, who might have a gun himself. I know that everyone wants to protect their home, but I say forget that, I want to protect my family and myself. Now, if the situation was that you could jump out the window, but your kids were in another part of the house then yea, you would have to defend you home, and family. But, if it is not necessary to be involved in a confrontation, then you should try and avoid it.

Countysky
Satellite Internet Service
I'd rather not get shot in the back thanks and besides, who knows who's out back lurking....who's to say that the burglar is alone.

·
Registered
4,226 Posts
I just don't like people who break into my home and want to steal my stuff and possibly do me harm. For me thats a good enough reason to confront them with violent force.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Im from Merced/Fresno/Modesto... lol...

The only way Im going out the back door or window is if he had an accomplice that needed to be greated. Of course only after the one inside was dealt with first. :twisted: :shoot:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts