California Highway Patrol Officers Attack Old Woman

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Malum Prohibitum, Sep 15, 2005.

1. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

2. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

That reporter is an idiot. I would call that dragging someone out of their home.

Though from stories I have heard about the N.O. Police I would not be surprised if they shot someone who did not want to leave and claim the person was looting.

Trust the police... and get forceably removed from your own home.

3. Malum Prohibitum

Those were California police. CHP from the San Francisco area. The reporter was from San Fransissy, too, which might help explain his comment, "Well, she did have a gun."

Did anyone notice floodwater, damage, or a lack of food and drink in that woman's house?

She had food and drink stacked up waist high!

No water anywhere!

I believe that video is the reason they decided to quit using force to evacuate people . . .

4. Mike from Philly

Mike from Philly New Member

Watching that reminds me of the stories I heard from Holocaust survivors. They were also rounded up "for their own protection".

5. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

No I understand those guys were SF cops and reporters. It explains why tackleing an old woman was justified because she was armed with a gun and a knife. That is almost an arsenal by SF standards.

My thoughts were more of if the cameras were not there and these were NO cops, how much justification they need for them to just shoot the person with a gun and claim they were stopping a looter. (remember some these same cops were found looting along with many other bad deeds before Katrina)

Anyway, do they tell the LEO's that are arriving to help that Louisiana's laws are different than California or do they just assume that they will know and hope for the best?

Last thought, maybe the reason for forcable evictions was not carried through is that it was not legal. Some say that the NO police chief can confiscate firearms, but I have a hard time beleiving they had the power to enter uninvited and then remove the home owner from their own property.

6. Malum Prohibitum

7. thebugman

thebugman New Member

HOLY CRAP

I can't believe that. I think she should sue those a-holes. Entering her home uninvited, taking her gun, excessive force. Sue the reporter for being a dumbass.(Is that actionable?) :D

I loved her spunk though. Only thing she should have done differently is never let them get so close, and not point it at them(Even inadvertently) if she wasn't shooting them.

8. Malum Prohibitum

I do not know how big was the screen upon which you viewed it, but she did not point it at them. In fact, she was holding it by the cylinder, not the handle, to demonstrate that she was not a threat.

But, then, it did not really matter to them whether she was a threat, did it? That is not why they were there.

Here is a link to SB 554.

Link: http://www.legis.state.ga.us/legis/2005 ... /sb554.htm

9. Sharky

Sharky New Member

Thats some sick crap! After seeing who was and still is running the city, the crooked cops in NO, it doesnt surprise me. This is a very important bill as is some of the others in process.

She was no threat at all. Frigging San Fran idiots following other idiots in charge. Her place was just like the other videos. Nothing wrong, she had all necessary supplies. What a complete screw up NO was. Hopefully those problems will help current bills pass. I think Florida has their act together in many ways more than other states. Jeb seems to be the complete opposite of the rest of his family. Having lived in Florida for a long time, I actually like many things Jeb has done.

If GA screws up the current bills and goes the wrong direction it wil be sad. I really do believe many steps in the right direction are upon us here in GA. We just need to continue supporting them.

Sorry for the rant.

10. Malum Prohibitum

11. jmorin

jmorin New Member

Re:

Truly disgusting. There's an interesting story about the woman and her recovery in the most recent version of America's First Freedom. If I remember correctly an attorney is helping her take legal action.

And the reporter's smarmy attitude of "a gun is a gun" makes me want to punch the monitor. In other words, if you have a gun and you're not a LEO or military, you're eeeeevil and you must be disarmed.

Speaking of San Fran, I wonder what the SF city council would have to say about this story:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2006/02/27/MNGVDHFHEP5.DTL

12. Malum Prohibitum

jmorin, good to see you back after a month's absence.

I am sure those in SF do not think highly of it, given that they have just banned guns in the city.

I am happy to hear that the lady may recover with the use of a lawyer, but I would rather that the law did not exist in the first place. If I have my way, it will not in Georgia.

Have you let your representative know you would like HB 1439 to pass this session?

http://www.legis.ga.gov/legis/2005_06/search/hb1439.htm

13. jmorin

jmorin New Member

Re:

Hello MP. Life has been crazy. Getting married in 6 weeks, trying to sell 2 properties, buying a new house...never ends. I can't wait to get away from downtown Atlanta...some worthless street walker rummaged through my car (my fault - left it unlocked) which I park on the street. The best thing that bum got was a cheap pocket knife. I'm sick of the urban trash that passes through this neighborhood and rips of the cars on the street.

Thanks for the heads up on the bill. I actually followed up on the restaurant carry bill with another e-mail to Rep. Gardner since she sits on the committee in which it currently resides. But HB 1439 demands attention, too.

Our street here in Atlanta is notorious for losing power during any type of thunderstorm. Response time on repairing the problem is good, but we remain vulnerable.

Oh, and I had a nice chat with Cobb County deputies who were looking for a few wanted thugs. Apparently one of them visited their sister NEXT DOOR! So the investigators were snooping around and saw me outside my house and asked a few questions. When I told my fiancee about it, her jaw dropped.

Nice neighborhood we live in. My fiancee calls it "transitional". I call it "borderline ghetto." She's finally beginning to understand why I carry concealed and keep one within arm's reach of the bed at night.

14. Malum Prohibitum