California Broke Into 3 States?

Discussion in 'National Laws, Bills and Politics' started by Nemo, Apr 12, 2018.

1. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

Reportedly possibility getting closer. Can anyone hack through or locate full article.

Nemo

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20...ing-california-three-step-closer-billionaire/

2. Mrs_Esterhouse

Mrs_Esterhouse Swollen Member

It's a fool's errand. Congress also has to agree to the split, and that's not going to happen.

3. Wegahe

Wegahe NRA Instructor

I would not put anything past this congress or the next or the next. Congress is totally dysfunctional and more out of control than Nancy Pelosi.

4. UtiPossidetis

UtiPossidetis American

In normal times I would agree that its a fools errand. In today's side-show full of freaks we call Congress.........anything is possible, sort of like Rome of the mid-1st century.

5. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

Schweisshund likes this.
  6. atlsrt44

atlsrt44 Active Member

Doesn't it have to be voted on in ca? At which point la will steer the vote to keep them hostage

7. Schweisshund

Schweisshund Well-Known Member

8. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

9. Wegahe

Wegahe NRA Instructor

The problem I have with the 3 state Calexit is it will give California 4 extra Democratic senate seats. The answer to the question about how it breaks up politically is very elusive. There is a reason for this. The Small state (Cal) will interject 2 senators without question as Democrats. I see this as a ploy to take over the Federal Government by a single state and nothing more than that.