Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,006 Posts
Well, last year he did not "have the stomach" for further gun legislation....

·
Senior Mumbler
6,671 Posts
As a footnote, at the same private meeting in Macon, Senate Republicans decided that â€" after listening to the daily sermon and declaring their allegiance to the U.S. flag â€" all members of their chamber will also be required to swear fealty to the Georgia flag.

The move is certain to prompt another round of heated discussions about state sovereignty. State Sen. Emanuel Jones, D-Decatur, chairman of the Legislative Black Caucus, has already said he will absent himself rather than recite the pledge.
How can you represent this state and not swear your allegiance to it? :screwy:

·
Premium Member
5,239 Posts
A. McClure said:
Saw this- http://blogs.ajc.com/political-insider- ... m_galloway - and wondered how much (if any) bearing this has on any of our future gun-rights progress?
I hope this means that Senator Seabaugh (one of the two senators mentioned in the article that was stripped of their chairmanship last session) gets his position back.

And I think it does speak well for gun-rights progress.

·
Registered
4,226 Posts
I dislike Cagle on a personal level. Perfectly happy with the legislature stripping him of all of his legislative authority.

·
Super Moderator
16,485 Posts
phantoms said:
As a footnote, at the same private meeting in Macon, Senate Republicans decided that â€" after listening to the daily sermon and declaring their allegiance to the U.S. flag â€" all members of their chamber will also be required to swear fealty to the Georgia flag.

The move is certain to prompt another round of heated discussions about state sovereignty. State Sen. Emanuel Jones, D-Decatur, chairman of the Legislative Black Caucus, has already said he will absent himself rather than recite the pledge.
How can you represent this state and not swear your allegiance to it? :screwy:
I think there is a difference between swearing allegiance to a state and swearing allegiance to a flag. They might see things that way, too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts