Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
271 Posts
I can't wait, I was looking thru the Christmas catalog at work yesterday and can't wait to be able to walk in that place. Their website says there will be a deli-style restaurant in there that will serve different types of wild game and wild game sandwiches. Wonder if we can carry in there???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
dwalker said:
I can't wait, I was looking thru the Christmas catalog at work yesterday and can't wait to be able to walk in that place. Their website says there will be a deli-style restaurant in there that will serve different types of wild game and wild game sandwiches. Wonder if we can carry in there???
Even if they have a sign (in Georgia), you can ignore it (but do leave if asked). If you're CCing, then it shouldn't matter. No one will know about it until they have to know about it.

Sounds like an awesome place. I don't really have a reason to be in that part of the state, but this may be just the reason. I wonder how the store compares to Bass Pro?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,313 Posts
ptsmith24 said:
dwalker said:
I can't wait, I was looking thru the Christmas catalog at work yesterday and can't wait to be able to walk in that place. Their website says there will be a deli-style restaurant in there that will serve different types of wild game and wild game sandwiches. Wonder if we can carry in there???
Even if they have a sign (in Georgia), you can ignore it (but do leave if asked). If you're CCing, then it shouldn't matter. No one will know about it until they have to know about it.

Sounds like an awesome place. I don't really have a reason to be in that part of the state, but this may be just the reason. I wonder how the store compares to Bass Pro?
Cabela's kicks Bass Pro in the teeth...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
AeroShooter said:
ptsmith24 said:
dwalker said:
I can't wait, I was looking thru the Christmas catalog at work yesterday and can't wait to be able to walk in that place. Their website says there will be a deli-style restaurant in there that will serve different types of wild game and wild game sandwiches. Wonder if we can carry in there???
Even if they have a sign (in Georgia), you can ignore it (but do leave if asked). If you're CCing, then it shouldn't matter. No one will know about it until they have to know about it.

Sounds like an awesome place. I don't really have a reason to be in that part of the state, but this may be just the reason. I wonder how the store compares to Bass Pro?
Cabela's kicks Bass Pro in the teeth...
Interesting. I'll have to check it out myself.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
656 Posts
I went to the Cabela's in Wheeling, WV and their sign say that all guns must be unloaded if you're bringing them in for appraisal but if you are CCW license holder this does not apply to you. That's a paraphrase but I do remember it stating specifically that CCW holders could carry.

I also agree that they kick Bass Pro Shop's butt.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Bags57 said:
I went to the Cabela's in Wheeling, WV and their sign say that all guns must be unloaded if you're bringing them in for appraisal but if you are CCW license holder this does not apply to you. That's a paraphrase but I do remember it stating specifically that CCW holders could carry.

I also agree that they kick Bass Pro Shop's butt.
That's good that they make the distinction. Although, I'd bring it in loaded and unload it when I got there if I was getting my carry gun worked on.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,313 Posts
ptsmith24 said:
AeroShooter said:
ptsmith24 said:
dwalker said:
I can't wait, I was looking thru the Christmas catalog at work yesterday and can't wait to be able to walk in that place. Their website says there will be a deli-style restaurant in there that will serve different types of wild game and wild game sandwiches. Wonder if we can carry in there???
Even if they have a sign (in Georgia), you can ignore it (but do leave if asked). If you're CCing, then it shouldn't matter. No one will know about it until they have to know about it.

Sounds like an awesome place. I don't really have a reason to be in that part of the state, but this may be just the reason. I wonder how the store compares to Bass Pro?
Cabela's kicks Bass Pro in the teeth...
Interesting. I'll have to check it out myself.
Bear in mind, my comparison was between the BPS in Ft. Walton Beach, FL & the Cabelas in Fort Worth, TX... I have not seen the BPS near Lanier... for me, it's the museum space that sets Cabelas apart, and of course the dining facility.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
AeroShooter said:
ptsmith24 said:
AeroShooter said:
ptsmith24 said:
dwalker said:
I can't wait, I was looking thru the Christmas catalog at work yesterday and can't wait to be able to walk in that place. Their website says there will be a deli-style restaurant in there that will serve different types of wild game and wild game sandwiches. Wonder if we can carry in there???
Even if they have a sign (in Georgia), you can ignore it (but do leave if asked). If you're CCing, then it shouldn't matter. No one will know about it until they have to know about it.

Sounds like an awesome place. I don't really have a reason to be in that part of the state, but this may be just the reason. I wonder how the store compares to Bass Pro?
Cabela's kicks Bass Pro in the teeth...
Interesting. I'll have to check it out myself.
Bear in mind, my comparison was between the BPS in Ft. Walton Beach, FL & the Cabelas in Fort Worth, TX... I have not seen the BPS near Lanier... for me, it's the museum space that sets Cabelas apart, and of course the dining facility.
Yea, I've been to the one on Sugarloaf, but not Macon or Savannah.
 

·
Atlanta Overwatch
Joined
·
13,945 Posts
I'll be glad when they open. I order from them online frequently. My daughter stables her horse in Adairsville si I'm there on a fairly regular basis. It will also give me something to do while she is at Pony Club meetings.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,313 Posts
FireHouse said:
AeroShooter said:
Cabela's kicks Bass Pro in the teeth...
Have any of you ever been to Bargain Barn? In Jasper. If so, how does it measure up?
I didn't see any dead animals...

When I say Cabela's is awesome, I'm not describing cost the products, which is a key driver in the decision to do business with a store.

Wikipedia description of the Fort Worth store:

Recent Cabela's stores are generally the anchors of large retail developments. The Fort Worth store, for example, was built on a fifty-acre site at the interchange of Texas Highway 170 and Interstate 35W. The Buda store has as many as 500 employees and anchors a 126 acre (0.5 km²) development at the interchange of Interstate 35 and Texas Loop 4, approximately 15 miles (24 km) south of Austin.
What impressed me most about the store are the following:

Conservation Mountain -- a large rock formation with running water & pools containing fish at the base; covered in taxidermied specimens.

There was a museum area dedicated to large N. American mammals.

There was a museum area deciated to African Game.

All of these with taxidermied specimins.

The amount of space dedecated to just museum areas >= the retail floor space of most large stores, include the BPS in Ft. Walton Beach.

The total amount of guns for sale was astounding... there were entire aisles of SKS's, etc.

There was the Library of Guns... with the least expense weapon was $8K... and I though I had reached the max values when I saw the $20K shotguns... then I stumbled upon the $67K elephant guns custom made in India...
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Top