Cabela's in Adairsville

Discussion in 'Ranges, Dealers & Smiths' started by ptsmith24, Oct 19, 2007.

1. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

2. AeroShooter

AeroShooter Active Member

Can hardly wait... this is the alter upon which I've decided to bankrupt myself.

3. Claire

Claire New Member

I already went bankrupt by ordering from their catalogs :lol:

I do a happy dance every time I go up that way :D :D

4. Firearmz

Firearmz New Member

Anyone know when??

5. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

About another year (Fall 2008), according that link.

6. dwalker

dwalker New Member

I can't wait, I was looking thru the Christmas catalog at work yesterday and can't wait to be able to walk in that place. Their website says there will be a deli-style restaurant in there that will serve different types of wild game and wild game sandwiches. Wonder if we can carry in there???

7. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Even if they have a sign (in Georgia), you can ignore it (but do leave if asked). If you're CCing, then it shouldn't matter. No one will know about it until they have to know about it.

Sounds like an awesome place. I don't really have a reason to be in that part of the state, but this may be just the reason. I wonder how the store compares to Bass Pro?

8. AeroShooter

Cabela's kicks Bass Pro in the teeth...

9. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Interesting. I'll have to check it out myself.

10. Bags57

Bags57 Member

I went to the Cabela's in Wheeling, WV and their sign say that all guns must be unloaded if you're bringing them in for appraisal but if you are CCW license holder this does not apply to you. That's a paraphrase but I do remember it stating specifically that CCW holders could carry.

I also agree that they kick Bass Pro Shop's butt.

11. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

That's good that they make the distinction. Although, I'd bring it in loaded and unload it when I got there if I was getting my carry gun worked on.

12. AeroShooter

Bear in mind, my comparison was between the BPS in Ft. Walton Beach, FL & the Cabelas in Fort Worth, TX... I have not seen the BPS near Lanier... for me, it's the museum space that sets Cabelas apart, and of course the dining facility.

13. FireStar

FireStar Guest

Have any of you ever been to Bargain Barn? In Jasper. If so, how does it measure up?

14. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Yea, I've been to the one on Sugarloaf, but not Macon or Savannah.

15. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

I'll be glad when they open. I order from them online frequently. My daughter stables her horse in Adairsville si I'm there on a fairly regular basis. It will also give me something to do while she is at Pony Club meetings.

16. TAP

TAP New Member

The bad news is that all online orders will be taxed as soon as the store opens. :(

17. fallison

fallison Guest

I've been to both the original Cabela's store in downtown Sidney, Nebraska and the newer one they built just off the interstate and must agree. They kick Bass Pro in the teeth.

18. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

:( Yea, true.

19. AeroShooter

I didn't see any dead animals...

When I say Cabela's is awesome, I'm not describing cost the products, which is a key driver in the decision to do business with a store.

Wikipedia description of the Fort Worth store:

What impressed me most about the store are the following:

Conservation Mountain -- a large rock formation with running water & pools containing fish at the base; covered in taxidermied specimens.

There was a museum area dedicated to large N. American mammals.

There was a museum area deciated to African Game.

All of these with taxidermied specimins.

The amount of space dedecated to just museum areas >= the retail floor space of most large stores, include the BPS in Ft. Walton Beach.

The total amount of guns for sale was astounding... there were entire aisles of SKS's, etc.

There was the Library of Guns... with the least expense weapon was $8K... and I though I had reached the max values when I saw the $20K shotguns... then I stumbled upon the $67K elephant guns custom made in India...