CA man sues under 14th Amendment to get his CCW

Discussion in 'National Laws, Bills and Politics' started by mzmtg, Sep 21, 2007.

1. mzmtg

mzmtg Active Member

http://www.santamariatimes.com/articles ... news03.txt

2. mzmtg

mzmtg Active Member

I think we all know that this guy will lose due to the "gun exception" to the US Constitution, but I still think it deserves our attention and support.

3. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

Doesn't sound very ardent to me.

4. oxfat

oxfat Member

So the law enforcement agencies in California are required to provide security against "clear and present dangers" to the populace? I'll bet the police in LA are busy!

5. mzmtg

mzmtg Active Member

We've heard the same excuse from the judges that "shall issue" our licenses as well.

They claim they are liable if they issue a license to non-qual person, but they deny liability for not issuing them in the time frame set forth in state law.

6. mzmtg

mzmtg Active Member

It's the other way around.

The applicant could not illustrate a "clear and present danger," therefore normal law enforcement resources are more than adequate.

7. oxfat

oxfat Member

Okay then. LEOs in california are required to protect citizens from random threats....

8. jgullock

jgullock Active Member

Hmm, so if someone rear ends me I can sue the DMV for issuing them a drivers license? Sweet!!

9. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

California is different than GA (in part) because they're may issue.

10. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

He ought to be tarred and feathered.

11. mzmtg

mzmtg Active Member

12. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

The BGs don't carry because they don't have a permit right? :roll:

13. 1911packer

1911packer Guest

From the OC Register:
    So what is a person supposed to do while a thug is pounding on him for eight minutes?

14. merlock

merlock Active Member

They could try this: :puke:

15. 1911packer

1911packer Guest

:rotfl2:

16. geaux_tigers

geaux_tigers Member

I would like to see the ACLU's reaction if "people could be subjected to physical or psychological evaluations" before being allowed to excercise their freedom of speech. Maybe every reporter should have to undergo a background check and mental health evaluation before the government will issue their press permit.

17. Macktee

Macktee New Member

So, the chief doesn't issue CCW permits because of his personal liability should a CCW type person go postal.

What would his personal liability be if someone whom he had refused to issue a CCW license were to be injured or killed by an attacker or gang banger or whatever?

I would think the odds are about the same, so why does he hide behind the weasel words and not help people protect themselves?

:scared:

Because he's a total puke!

:puke:

Well, that's one opinion. Your mileage may vary.......

:neener: