C&R question

Discussion in 'General GWL Questions' started by kestak, May 19, 2007.

1. kestak

kestak New Member

Greetings,

I am filling out my C&R form, and there is one place they ask :
    "Are you in possession of a valid hunting license or permit lawfully isssued in the US."

I did not receive my GFL yet but I can legally posses firearms in Georgia without any permit. So, must I wait to get my GFL to apply for a C&R?

Thank you

2. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

A hunting license is completly different from a GFL.

A hunting license or permit does not allow you to purchase a firearm. Some states require a certain license to purchase a firearm, but that has nothing to do with a hunting license either.

If you do not have a hunting license, then I would just mark no and continue to the next question.

3. kestak

kestak New Member

Greetings,
    But they say later: "If you answered "NO", you likely cannot lawfully possess a firearm and therefore cannot be a federal firearm licensee.

So, any of you filled it up without the GFL? Am I better to wait to have my GFL before to send this form?

Thank you

4. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

That doesn't make sense to me. The GFL is totally seperate from a hunting license, and there is relationshop at all between the two. There are millions of Americans that don't hold a hunting license that are legal to own, purchase, and sell firearms. Are you sure that it isn't asking about the states where you must have a license to purchase firearms? Like an Illinois FOID card?

5. zone

zone New Member

GFL question

Quick question to anyone out their. I recently filed for my GFL 4 weeks ago. I am able to purschase weapons but I know their are more conditions to meet for the GFL. I went down the list you have posted, Beginners License Guide. I am free off everything that I understand. The only thing I am not sure on is that i got in a fight with a roommate (male) 8-10 years ago and I was arrested for and went to court but never spent anytime. I cannot remember for the life of me what the charge was thought. Never the less would 8-10 years be a long enough time period to clear me for my GFL? Would any type of traffic charges hinder me too?

6. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Re: GFL question

If you can still purchase firearms I guess it was not a domestic violence charge, so I'd say it probably won't be a problem. Were you convicted and just had to pay a fine or something?

7. strycnine

strycnine New Member

When I got my C&R last year I had a hunting license. I don't know how big a deal it is, but go down and get a $9.00 hunting license and your set.

8. zone

zone New Member

Re: GFL question

I have bought 3 in the last 4 months all from different places. I was released the next am and had to appear in court at a later date and I think the charges were dropped. Me and the roomate were cool after the event. I am not on drugs just a bad time in my life that I obviously blocked out. So if I am able to purschase now I should get my GFL right?
    Thanks.

9. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

You should... By the way, what county did you apply in?

10. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

I'd say so. It does not sound like anything that would prohibit you.

11. zone

zone New Member

COBB! I have heard that they are really slow.

12. kestak

kestak New Member

Greetings,

I figured it out! It is section 10 and it addresses nonimmigrants alien.

Yay! Tomorrow morning at 8:00 my application will be in the mail and at 11:30, I'll drop the copy #2 on the sheriff's desk. heheheh

Thank you

13. strycnine

strycnine New Member

Warm up your credit card [​IMG]

14. kestak

kestak New Member

Greetings,

Another stupid question about a C&R:

If I hold a C&R and I buy a gun in another state with gunbroker.com for example, can I get the C&R elligible gun to my house or must I go throught a regular FFL?

Thank you

15. Foul

Foul New Member

If it's a C&R, it can come straight to your house as long as you provide a copy of your license to the seller proving the existence of a valid C&R.