Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,

I am filling out my C&R form, and there is one place they ask :
"Are you in possession of a valid hunting license or permit lawfully isssued in the US."

I did not receive my GFL yet but I can legally posses firearms in Georgia without any permit. So, must I wait to get my GFL to apply for a C&R?

Thank you
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,460 Posts
A hunting license is completly different from a GFL.

A hunting license or permit does not allow you to purchase a firearm. Some states require a certain license to purchase a firearm, but that has nothing to do with a hunting license either.

If you do not have a hunting license, then I would just mark no and continue to the next question.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Greetings,
But they say later: "If you answered "NO", you likely cannot lawfully possess a firearm and therefore cannot be a federal firearm licensee.

So, any of you filled it up without the GFL? Am I better to wait to have my GFL before to send this form?

Thank you
 

·
Atlanta Overwatch
Joined
·
13,863 Posts
That doesn't make sense to me. The GFL is totally seperate from a hunting license, and there is relationshop at all between the two. There are millions of Americans that don't hold a hunting license that are legal to own, purchase, and sell firearms. Are you sure that it isn't asking about the states where you must have a license to purchase firearms? Like an Illinois FOID card?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
253 Posts
GFL question

Quick question to anyone out their. I recently filed for my GFL 4 weeks ago. I am able to purschase weapons but I know their are more conditions to meet for the GFL. I went down the list you have posted, Beginners License Guide. I am free off everything that I understand. The only thing I am not sure on is that i got in a fight with a roommate (male) 8-10 years ago and I was arrested for and went to court but never spent anytime. I cannot remember for the life of me what the charge was thought. Never the less would 8-10 years be a long enough time period to clear me for my GFL? Would any type of traffic charges hinder me too?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,798 Posts
Re: GFL question

zone said:
Quick question to anyone out their. I recently filed for my GFL 4 weeks ago. I am able to purschase weapons but I know their are more conditions to meet for the GFL. I went down the list you have posted, Beginners License Guide. I am free off everything that I understand. The only thing I am not sure on is that i got in a fight with a roommate (male) 8-10 years ago and I was arrested for and went to court but never spent anytime. I cannot remember for the life of me what the charge was thought. Never the less would 8-10 years be a long enough time period to clear me for my GFL? Would any type of traffic charges hinder me too?
If you can still purchase firearms I guess it was not a domestic violence charge, so I'd say it probably won't be a problem. Were you convicted and just had to pay a fine or something?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
36 Posts
kestak said:
Greetings,
But they say later: "If you answered "NO", you likely cannot lawfully possess a firearm and therefore cannot be a federal firearm licensee.

So, any of you filled it up without the GFL? Am I better to wait to have my GFL before to send this form?

Thank you
When I got my C&R last year I had a hunting license. I don't know how big a deal it is, but go down and get a $9.00 hunting license and your set.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
253 Posts
Re: GFL question

Rammstein said:
zone said:
Quick question to anyone out their. I recently filed for my GFL 4 weeks ago. I am able to purschase weapons but I know their are more conditions to meet for the GFL. I went down the list you have posted, Beginners License Guide. I am free off everything that I understand. The only thing I am not sure on is that i got in a fight with a roommate (male) 8-10 years ago and I was arrested for and went to court but never spent anytime. I cannot remember for the life of me what the charge was thought. Never the less would 8-10 years be a long enough time period to clear me for my GFL? Would any type of traffic charges hinder me too?
If you can still purchase firearms I guess it was not a domestic violence charge, so I'd say it probably won't be a problem. Were you convicted and just had to pay a fine or something?
I have bought 3 in the last 4 months all from different places. I was released the next am and had to appear in court at a later date and I think the charges were dropped. Me and the roomate were cool after the event. I am not on drugs just a bad time in my life that I obviously blocked out. So if I am able to purschase now I should get my GFL right?
Thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,798 Posts
zone said:
So if I am able to purschase now I should get my GFL right?
I'd say so. It does not sound like anything that would prohibit you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Greetings,

I figured it out! It is section 10 and it addresses nonimmigrants alien.

Yay! Tomorrow morning at 8:00 my application will be in the mail and at 11:30, I'll drop the copy #2 on the sheriff's desk. heheheh

Thank you
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Greetings,

Another stupid question about a C&R:

If I hold a C&R and I buy a gun in another state with gunbroker.com for example, can I get the C&R elligible gun to my house or must I go throught a regular FFL?

Thank you
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
780 Posts
If it's a C&R, it can come straight to your house as long as you provide a copy of your license to the seller proving the existence of a valid C&R.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top