Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Can Rule 1.6 be changed to clarify what is to be expected when an item is sold?

I don't mind looking at a sold item post to see what was sold for, it can give a general idea on how much a particular item is being sold in the current market, but I do mind when something is being listed that might tweak my interest only to find at the bottom of a sometimes lengthy thread that it has been already sold.

Original wording:
1.6 - Items Sold: When an item is sold, please inform readers via editing of your ORIGINAL post as well as erasing the price from the contents. Use of bold is recommended. It is the buyer's responsibility to obtain shipping/personal information from the seller.

Proposed wording:
1.6 - Items Sold: When an item is sold, please inform readers by editing your ORIGINAL post including the title of the listing to include SOLD or if the sale hasn't been completed, SOLD PENDING MEET in Bold. It is the buyer's responsibility to obtain shipping/personal information from the seller.

Title Edit Examples:
*SOLD* For Sale: Glock 19
*SOLD Pending Meet* For Sale: Glock 19

·
Registered
15,230 Posts
What purpose does deleting the asking price once sold serve? They aren't state secrets. It's not necessary to show the actual selling price but many people use asking prices to judge current market conditions. I guess I'm a rules scofflaw since I never delete my prices. :mrgreen:

·
Well Aged Member
2,127 Posts
What purpose does deleting the asking price once sold serve? They aren't state secrets. It's not necessary to show the actual selling price but many people use asking prices to judge current market conditions. I guess I'm a rules scofflaw since I never delete my prices. :mrgreen:
I never understood that either, maybe I can learn something with you!

·
Senior Mumbler
6,686 Posts
Any chance we can bump the 3 month requirement up to 1yr.? If you're not contributing to the board through posting, then you should have to wait that long before being able to start selling (which unfortunately is the only reason some even join here).

41 - 45 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.