Buy/Sell/Trade Forum Rules

Discussion in 'Buy / Sell / Trade - Firearms' started by Gunstar1, Apr 12, 2006.

1. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

The following rules/guidelines must be strictly followed in order for members to use the Classifieds forum. Violations of any of these rules will result in the deletion of your post or topic without prior notification or warning.

Violators could lose access to the Classifieds section if these rules are not followed. A warning may or may not be given for these violations before access is cut off and arguing about a rule or violation with a moderator will only get you into more trouble (these are my rules which the Mods are enforcing, they have no control over them).

If you do not agree with any of these rules, don't post.

If you see a rule being violated, please use the report feature (click on the "!" button in the post that is violating the rule).

1.1 - Email Addresses of Buyers/Sellers/Traders: Users of this forum must post a valid email address within the contents of their post (or have their forum profile set up to allow emails). This is for possible buyers to contact the seller for more info, pictures or mailing information.

1.2 - Price: Post the price you want for the merchandise you are selling. If you are unsure about a price, make a general estimation and work it out with the potential buyers. This board is not for auctions, so don't make people start at a lower price and work their way up. You have ebay.com and gunbroker.com for those types of sells. We also recommend posting pictures in the thread, but this is your choice.

1.3 - No Bashing: If someone is selling/trading/buying a product for more than it's worth or you don't like the price or the firearm itself, don't bash their thread or products. Feel free to PM/Email the seller/trader/buyer to inform them of such and why, but don't take-over the thread.

1.4 - Laws and Regulations: It is the buyer and seller's responsibility to make sure they are abiding local and federal laws when buying and selling products. This includes, but is not limited to, the use of FFLs for out of state guns sales as well as certain firearm restrictions in some states.

1.5 - Seller Problems: If a seller is late with mailing a product or you are having difficulties, do not post a topic about it. PM a moderator or admin about the issue and try contacting the seller. If a response from the seller is not received after an extended period of time, then you might want to start seeking proper legal action at your own discretion. Please do not post their personal information to the board, it will be deleted.

1.6 - Items Sold: When an item is sold, please inform readers via editing of your ORIGINAL post as well as erasing the price from the contents. Use of bold is recommended. It is the buyer's responsibility to obtain shipping/personal information from the seller.

1.7 - Bumping: Bumping, or the replying to threads in order to bring them to the top of the thread list, should be limited to once a day. Anything in excess of this will be considered spam and result in deletion of the thread.

1.8 - No Dealers: As with forum rules, you may not post items for sale that are associated with a business you or someone else owns. However, if you might want to offer special deals etc., feel free to PM a moderator or admin, we might make exceptions.

1.9 - No Links to Auctions/Other Sites: This board is for members to make deals/sales on this site only. Posting of links to auctions or sites containing items you're trying to sell is prohibited.

2.0 - Liability: Neither myself, GeorgiaPacking.org, nor anyone else associated with us takes responsibility for the actions that take place in this forum. Each sell is to be taken as a buyer/seller agreement between those 2 parties with no one else involved. In the case a deal goes bad, we can not be held responsible in any way. If you do not agree with this or any of the rules, then do not use this forum!

2.1 - Minimum Requirement for Buyers/Sellers/Traders: Before being allowed to originate an advertisement or buy/sell/trade topic on the forum, Buyer/Seller/Trader must have at least 50 quality posts (quality means constructive posts, not posts which have only a simple emoticon, "+1" or other easy to post responses) OR been a member for 3 months. If you do not meet either requirement, the topic will deleted and you will be notified. If your post count is found to be made up of non-quality posts, the 3 month minimum will be imposed.

2.2 - Location: If your location is not set in your profile then you must post your location in the topic.

2.3 - Seller is responsible for items: The person posting the item for sale or trade must either be the actual owner or if they are not the owner, the person posting the item is taking full responsibility for the sale and delivery of the item.

Recommendations:

Buyers should obtain the sellers phone number and ship only to home addresses (not P.O. Box). It is also recommended that you try the phone number prior to shipping to make sure everything is ok and valid. Make sure to check local laws before ordering merchandise, if you break the law by buying something illegal, it isn't our fault. It is advisable to use services such as UPS or Fedex so that you can get a package tracking number. Payment method is at your discretion, but we highly discourage the use of cash. Money Orders are a much better alternative. If you have problems, please contact the seller and be patient. It might just be a misunderstanding or some unforeseen problem.

2. BlenderWizard

BlenderWizard New Member

Can we add that if you are buying or selling here that you MUST have your location in your profile?

3. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

Why? It would be nice if people would post locations in the relevant thread, but I see no need to broadcast one's location through the entire forum. Then again, I don't mind that people can see my location.

4. Seca

Seca New Member

I agree with everything but, I do think if someone does get ripped off they should be allowed to post about it so other members dont get scammed. I have seen people on a couple of boards I have been on for years get scammed by folks that have been on the board awhile. They come in...post for a bit(become a regular) then hit several members before anyone gets a warning about it.

5. VolGrad

VolGrad Tactical Statistician

I agree with Budder. Most of you know where I am but I don't care to leave it in my profile full time. I always post it in my B/S/T threads though for potential buyers.

6. hkdave

hkdave New Member

I disagree with 1.1, posting the email address onto the post itself. PM is available here and I won't be posting my private address for all the world. And i'm not setting up one just for posting here...

7. Bulldawg182

Bulldawg182 Active Member

I must admit that I agree with this. If a member gets ripped off in the B/S forum, the offending member should be "OUTED" so it doesn't happen to anyone else.

8. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Ok to post "for a friend?" Not asking for myself, but because I have observed it in this forum.

9. Bulldawg182

My interpretation of the rule (for whatever that's worth) is that it's ok provided the member/poster here is taking responsibility for the transaction. Specifically, if the member/poster will be responsible for delivery and/or payments. This came up in the past and I inquired of GS1 and I think this was the just of his reply. I guess GS1 can speak here for himself.

10. IrishTiger

IrishTiger New Member

I just want to know if it is still alright to post a item for sale for a good friend of mine. He's been trying to sell his SKS, and I told him I would come put it up for sale here, provided it's alright with you all. I'll accept responsibility for the transaction too.

11. Bulldawg182

Irish, while we have proposed a slight change to this rule mandating that the member who places the ad take full responsibility for the negotiations, exchange & delivery, that has not yet been ruled on.

However, in the past, as long as the advertising member does all of the above, that's been OK.

Thanks for asking!! :righton:

12. mitchellk

mitchellk New Member

I don't agree with the minimum requirements for posting. It drives people away from the boards, instead of welcoming them here when they see a wall they have to navigate around before they can participate. I know there are good reasons to have it this way but I still think it should be reconsidered.

13. Glocker

Glocker New Member

This forum is more about discussing and learning than about buying and selling. You're free to participate/contribute to the discussions and learn for a while before you're allowed to put things up for sale.

BTW, :welcome: to GPDO! :righton:

14. Bulldawg182

I don't own the forum and don't make the rules, but I'll try to address this nonetheless.

Everyone who joins the forum is welcomed with open arms.....there's even a "Welcome New Members" thread just for that. There is absolutely no "wall" to navigate around before you can participate....there's many, many threads you can freely participate in at will.

Perhaps you've misread the rules and have erroneously applied them to the entire forum. The "minimum requirements" only applies to posting an item for sale or trade in the buy/sell forum. The primary reason for this is to encourage new members here to participate in the general forums while learning, teaching, getting to know the other members and allowing the other members to get to know them. The buy/sell area exists as a courtesy and benefit to contributing and participating members and is not intended to be a destination for those who only wish to buy and sell their wares. There's plenty of other places that have that as their primary focus.

Hope that explains it.

15. Owl

Owl New Member

I think he's just eager to unload whatever it is he has for sale. If someone is "turned off" from the whole forum by having to wait a few posts to sell something, isn't it obvious that the reason for being here isn't for the company. :) lol

16. Deek

Deek New Member

It should be noted that the B/S/T rules only apply to new members starting a thread, not posting in one that already exists. If you see something you like or have something someone else is asking for, have at it. :righton:

Just clarifying that a bit.

17. NGIB

NGIB Grumpy Old Man

Owl is right on this one. He joined GA gun trader on Monday and immediately listed one for sale and has bumped it every day...

18. spotco2

spotco2 New Member

That's annoying.

Pardon me while I go an make my daily BTT's :mrgreen:

19. tomm

tomm New Member

why the 50 posts or 3 month rule? new people to this site should not be on probation

20. Bulldawg182

As Adam5 explained, it is the forum owner's way of encouraging members to visit this forum to meet and discuss relevant topics with like minded people. This rule is his way of discouraging those who would become members merely to buy and sell their merchandise.