Buy No More Levi Jeans

Discussion in 'Firearm Related' started by Nemo, Sep 5, 2018.

1. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

Even if they fit proper.

Nemo

https://freebeacon.com/issues/levi-...trol-group-bloomberg-pushes-employees-donate/

2. RedDawnTheMusical

RedDawnTheMusical Well-Known Member

wow. Unfortunately I don't buy their jeans, so I can't stop buying them. I guess that they are not making sales to millennials so this is their solution...

3. zetor

zetor Gaston beat up John

I can't afford them anyway. I wear rustlers.

4. RedDawnTheMusical

RedDawnTheMusical Well-Known Member

5. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

Brett Favre and I like those Real. Comfortable. Jeans. from Wrangler. I get mine at the local Tractor Supply store. No millennials to bump into.

Schweisshund and timbrubaker like this.
  6. Huckleberry

Huckleberry Member

That's been common knowledge for a very long time. Same with Leatherman tools.

I stopped buying Levi's when I finished high school, and the image thing wasn't important to me anymore. Now I buy my jeans for about $15-20 at Walmart - Wranglers. But I do cut off the tags when I get them home. I guess I still have somewhat of an image thing, as in not wanting people to know that I buy my clothes at Walmart. :mrgreen:

But at least I'm not funding the opposition and giving quarter to the enemy, like Facebook users and Youtube viewers are. Oh, and people who use Gmail and/or Google as a search engine.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2018
  7. Phil1979

Phil1979 Member Georgia Carry

I thought Wranglers also fought against our right to carry as well.

8. Huckleberry

Huckleberry Member

I haven't heard that, but I wouldn't be surprised. But at least with them, you're only giving the enemy about half the money that you would be with Levi's. :mrgreen:

9. Clark

Clark Well-Known Member

Anyone know if Lee is against the 2A?

10. Verbal101

Verbal101 Active Member

Maybe its new slogan can be "You've fallen a long way, snowflake."

Its marketing seems to have steered away from promoting rugged, outdoors wear to leftist political philosophy.

Here's an old ad that actually talks about the product.
    [​IMG]

And a more recent ad, that doesn't even mention the product.
    [​IMG]

11. moe mensale

Levi Strauss is very much in bed ( :oops: ) with the LGTQHXWZL54P32YB gay community ever since, if not before, the Harvey Milk assassination. They're both from San Francisco. It shouldn't surprise anyone that they publicly went anti-gun.
    http://www.levistrauss.com/unzipped...-the-levis-x-stonewall-pride-collection-2015/

12. Nemo

So if you prefer a different brand or just don't like their price or fit or whatever you should still contact them and let them know you won't buy their product.

And regardless of any other reason, I am confident this will add to that prefer others mentality. SO LET THEM KNOW THEY HAVE A BAD POLICY.

If they don't know, they won't change.

Nemo

13. mrhutch

mrhutch Well-Known Member

They've donated to dems and anti-gun causes for years. can't stand the way they fit anyway, Wrangler relaxed fit boot cut are my favorite.

14. jsaund22

jsaund22 Ninjaneering Computers

Carhartt FTW.

Mrs_Esterhouse likes this.
  15. moe mensale

Their corporate culture is already set in stone. Pretty much the same as Starbucks, Google and others. Nothing will change even if it affects their bottom line. I think they'd rather just fold than switch.

16. Nemo

Maybe so. But if they end up folded then we can point out the error of their ways to others.

And if it has absolutely no effect whatsoever on them, at least you can feel better about yourself for doing something to advance this side of the cause.

Nemo

17. Nemo

But tell them you won't buy their stuff and for this reason. It'll make you feel better anyway.

Nemo

18. moe mensale

Almost a year later and Levi Strauss is sticking to their guns.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/...-control-push-whether-customers-agree-or-not/
    That's an interesting business model to throw at your investors. They must feel very confident that principles matter more than profits.

19. Marine6212

Marine6212 Active Member

If the investors didn't agree with them, wouldn't they just pull out and watch Levi's go belly up? I'm sure it would be a tax write off and they would make more $$.

20. moe mensale

If share price stays stable or increases and they keep paying dividends, investors will overlook just about anything.

21. Nemo

Have not bought any since. Won't. Do discourage any and all I can who may be considering purchases from them.

Nemo

StarJack likes this.