Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Thomas Sowell is an African-American columnist
Salient facts are italicized for your consideration.
Thomas Sowell: A Clash Of Police Policies -- And Of Ideas
From: http://www.investors.com/politics/columnists/thomas-sowell-a-clash-of-police-policies-and-of-ideas/
Amid the rioting in Milwaukee, there is also a clash between two leading lawmen there -- Milwaukee County Sheriff David Clarke and the city of Milwaukee's Chief of Police Edward Flynn. They have very different opinions about how law enforcement should be carried out.
Chief Edward Flynn expresses the view long prevalent among those who emphasize the social "root causes" of crime, such as income disparities and educational disparities, as well as the larger society's neglect of black communities.

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,900 Posts
No, they don't, not to the cultural Marxist

·
American
3,289 Posts
No, but they haven't for a long time to any kind of Marxist.

·
69,784 Posts
Moved to Off Topic Political and original post shortened to prevent copyright violation.

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,519 Posts
No, my experience in the past talking with black Americans about alleged incidents of police abuse (Michael Brown, Trayvon Martin) showed me that the "black lives matter" crowd are among the stupidist human beings that can function in society. They're utterly closed-minded and immune to logic, reason, or analysis of evidence (critical review of witness statements).

All that matters to them is that (A) a black person got killed, and (B) a white person did it (or a nonwhite person working for a corrupt L.E. agency run by the white racist power structure), and (C) some "leader" in the black community TOLD them to get on the bandwagon.

Facts don't matter. "My mind is made up; don't confuse me with the facts!"

Feelings matter. "I feel like a woman today, so I will use the girls' bathroom."
"I feel that people of color don't get a fair shake from the criminal justice system."

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,519 Posts
related

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/crime-law/hearing-could-prove-costly-for-parents-of-teen-fou/nsKnQ/

A family whose son died at school alleged that some other boys did it.

There is no evidence to support that.

However, the family sued anyway, hoping to develop evidence through discovery.

No evidence was found, except security video footage placing the alleged killers at some other location during the time. So nothing that would help the victim's family and the lawsuit.

But still, the family demands "justice."

Now, having lost at every level of the court system, they want to be excused from paying the legal fees of the defendants in this frivolous lawsuit.

QUOTE FROM ARTICLE:

"Tuesday’s hearing, expected to continue through the week, could cost the Johnsons $900,000 if Lowndes Superior Court Judge Richard Porter orders them to pay the full amount requested by the defendants named in the first wrongful death suit. Lawyers for the Bells argued the suit was frivolous and without merit. Kenneth Johnson admitted they had no evidence the Bells killed his son, according to court documents.

“We will not let them silence us about our son’s murder,â€"

Yeah, the dead teen's family has just filed ANOTHER lawsuit, alleging that the local government officials have conspired to rig the investigation and hide some yet-to-be described evidence that this was murder, not an accident, and with a known perpetrator.

I guess as long as the legal system doesn't hold people responsible for filing frivolous suits, what else can we expect?

The facts don't matter. Facts are just illusions caused by false perceptions and bias and racists in office. Facts are nothing. Feelings matter. And these parents really feel bad that their teenage son died in some stupid and absurd way, at the school gym. Somebody's gotta pay for that, facts be damned.

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,900 Posts
No, my experience in the past talking with black Americans about alleged incidents of police abuse (Michael Brown, Trayvon Martin) showed me that the "black lives matter" crowd are among the stupidist human beings that can function in society. They're utterly closed-minded and immune to logic, reason, or analysis of evidence (critical review of witness statements).

All that matters to them is that (A) a black person got killed, and (B) a white person did it (or a nonwhite person working for a corrupt L.E. agency run by the white racist power structure), and (C) some "leader" in the black community TOLD them to get on the bandwagon.

Facts don't matter. "My mind is made up; don't confuse me with the facts!"

Feelings matter. "I feel like a woman today, so I will use the girls' bathroom."
"I feel that people of color don't get a fair shake from the criminal justice system."
That's actually a fairly good post. This has been my experience with talking to BLM supporting people as well. White and Black. I've talked to both.

·
Man of Myth and Legend
15,135 Posts
So how are the plaintiff's paying their attorney to represent them? If defense counsel billed close to $900K, plaintiff's counsel was somewhere close to that also. So, BLM funding, contingency, gofundme or are they just independently wealthy?

Nemo

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,900 Posts
So how are the plaintiff's paying their attorney to represent them? If defense counsel billed close to $900K, plaintiff's counsel was somewhere close to that also. So, BLM funding, contingency, gofundme or are they just independently wealthy?

Nemo
George Soros and other white rich Marxist's

·
Registered
3,033 Posts

Nemo
That's my question. I am surprised (I know I shouldn't be) that an attorney was able to be brought in to file yet ANOTHER lawsuit. That idiot should be sanctioned...

As far as what some black folks think about BLM, just the other day, a student came into my con law class wearing a BLM shirt. She was immediately called on the carpet by two other black students about how the movement is doing no good and is painting a lot of good blacks with a very broad brush of being, well..idiots. By the time class started (about 10 minutes later), there were 3 others that were echoing the same sentiment but not a SINGLE PERSON was coming to the BLS shirt wearer's defense. It was interesting to watch unfold to say the least.

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,519 Posts
I bet that the plaintiffs attorney is working on a strictly contingency fee basis.
No recovery equals no attorneys fee .
The attorney, or Law Firm, will be out a bunch of time and missed other opportunities, and probably out of pocket expenses and costs too.
But they probably won't actually lose the amount of time they have in the case multiplied by the billable rate.

·
Registered
14,956 Posts
As far as what some black folks think about BLM, just the other day, a student came into my con law class wearing a BLM shirt. She was immediately called on the carpet by two other black students about how the movement is doing no good and is painting a lot of good blacks with a very broad brush of being, well..idiots. By the time class started (about 10 minutes later), there were 3 others that were echoing the same sentiment but not a SINGLE PERSON was coming to the BLS shirt wearer's defense. It was interesting to watch unfold to say the least.
So was she requested to remove the shirt or turn it inside out to stop offending the other students? Bet I can guess the answer!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts