But... but... there's a sign, and -- AND -- GA Law!!!

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Boy Racer, Jul 1, 2007.

1. Boy Racer

Boy Racer New Member

But you can't carry a firearm into a courthouse in GA. There are laws against that, and signs that let you know in case you didn't. So why train with drills like this?

I guess it's another waste of tax payer money, huh? :roll:

2. legacy38

legacy38 Active Member

In case another inmate overpowers a deputy and takes the deputy's weapon and goes on a killing spree...

3. ber950

ber950 Active Member

Brian Nichols. As long as they let 4ft nothing officers guard dangerous prisoners alone...

Either that or they are concerned one of their own is going to snap :shock:

4. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

But they're trained professionals; that isn't possible.

5. foshizzle

foshizzle New Member

Does anyone else find that picture odd? They are walking in a straight line with their guns pointed at the back of the person in front of them :shock:

I certainly wouldn't want to be on point!

6. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

:lol: Maybe the most accurate shooter goes at the back?

7. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

So, that doesn't apply to civilians? Does it not take a certain amount of time for any LE agency to show up?

8. Mike from Philly

Mike from Philly New Member

According to the article .... 45 minutes. :shock:

9. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

:shock:

10. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

I saw that picture without reading the article and thought to myself "so...they get the call of an active shooter in the building and decide it is time for a mass murder/suicide?"

*trainer's voice* Ok..so at the count of three you shoot the person in front of you in the back of the head. Dude at the end....you're on your own. Good luck.

11. wsweeks2

wsweeks2 New Member

:rotfl:

12. foshizzle

foshizzle New Member

Well, with the percentage of hits to shots fired for the average police officer it wouldn't be horrible odds.

13. ls1ssdavid

ls1ssdavid New Member

I noticed the same thing about the picture. I even posted that queston. I believe i'm the third person to say something. DD214 was the name I posted under. I can't believe nobody there said um... Sir this doesn't make since.

I have had plenty of CQB (Close Quarter Battle) training from the Marine Corps. And I have never once seen that ever done. I would call B.S. Big time if I was in that training evolution.

14. ls1ssdavid

ls1ssdavid New Member

I think that pretty much proves there incompetence. I think I spelled that wrong. Don't wait on Fulton Co LEO saving you.

15. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

Guns among Prisoners

Prison guards don't carry guns because of the proven, well-known danger that the prisoners will overpower the guard and disarm him. This isn't speculation; it has happened many times over the years. Deputies and bailiffs in charge of courtroom security are also vulnerable to such attacks, especially in the back rooms that serve as holding cells in the courthouse, where many prisoners who are all scheduled for court that day will be held prior to actually walking into the courtroom when their case is called.

One way to deal with the problem is to have more armed officers, so that after the bad guy gets the good guy's gun and kills him or her with it, the responding officers will shoot the bad guy. But the bad guy can still take out a couple of good guys before this happens.

Another way to deal with the problem is to tether the gun to the deputy's belt with a thing but strong steel cable. It wouldn't save that deputy's life, but it would make it awfully difficult for the bad guy to use that gun effectively against anybody else, once the gun's owner is "dead weight" on the end of a short cable.

Another way to address the problem is for deputies and bailiffs to have a special ring or bracelet that activates the gun, and if anybody not wearing that item of jewelry picks up the gun, it won't fire for them. A company called Mag-Na-Trigger has had such a system in place for DA revolvers since the late 1970s. Massad Ayoob praised it and has used it. I like the concept.

16. ls1ssdavid

ls1ssdavid New Member

Maybe not putting a female officer who weight's 140 lbs or less in the same room with a mass murderer who weights 200 lbs of pure muscle. That could help too.

17. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Bingo!

OR let everyone have guns and then people will think twice. But then again...the unwashed massed are too under-trained and not professional enough to handle that fo-tay.

18. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

:lol:

19. Mike from Philly

Mike from Philly New Member

[​IMG]

No way. We need her to lead the Fulton County conga line. Much like a snake charmer, she'll dazzle the shooter with her beauty and moves while they wait for SWAT to show up.