Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

Interested in Shattering Clays Together?

• 1-- Definitely, as described above.

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • 2-- pretty likely, depending on my schedule.

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • 3-- Maybe but this is not a priority. If I have anything else more interesting to do, I'm out.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4-- I'm Only interested if the event will be held in a certain county.

• 5-- I would only be interested if we shoot hand-thrown mostly-empty beer cans

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I'm good for any Saturday except the 23rd.

I could also do Sat 10/30 -- Devil's night! Not much going on Halloween weekend in the late morning hours at 10 or 11 AM

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
If nobody else has a preference,
I suggest Oct. 9th, meeting at 10:30 am and hoping to actually get on the range and begin shooting by 11 or 11:15.

At the Tom Lowe shooting grounds, off Camp Creek Parkway not far from 285, also not far from State Route 70 -- Fulton Industrial Blvd.

Reactions: frankr and 45_Fan

·
Man of Myth and Legend
15,144 Posts

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Sat. Oct 9th... 10:3O a.m.

Reactions: frankr

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Two days away... and the weather is goong to clear up for us. Predicted to be sunny and in the 70s.

Reactions: hayfield

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Smile Facial expression Font Happy Photo caption

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Does it take one or two boxes of shells for a round? I'm presuming 25 is one round?

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Yes, 25 is "a round of skeet."
I'm loading the car now.

I only intend to shoot two rounds one round with a 16 gauge semi auto
and then one round with a 20 gauge pump, probably with its 20 inch cylinder bore barrel.

( because Skeet is a close range proposition where you were expected to fire quickly before the target gets out too far.)

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
I Do have a longer barrel and a full choke tube for the Mossberg 20 gauge pump-- that would let me do TRAP if you guys want that. Trapshooting involves longer distances --by the time you decide to pull the trigger, the bird might be 25 yards away from you. And by the time your pellets overtake the clay, it could be at 30 yards' distance.

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
I had an unexpected delay but I am on the road again and I should get there about 1015 instead of 1030 .

I apologize to everyone.

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
10:50 !!! not 1015 stupid auto correct translating me from English to Chinese and then back into English text again!!

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Sorry got behind a bad accident before I even got on the highway, not going to make it this time. Thanks gunsmoker for setting this up.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Had a great time today shooting 5 stand. Hopefully more folks can make it out for the next one.

·
Atlanta Overwatch
13,936 Posts
I didn’t make it, but was at least productive.

We loaded 200 rounds of 9mm that are 150gr Brass Monkey flat points over 3.2gr of W244, 100 rounds of .40 S&W 180gr XTP over 5.0gr of W244 (not pictured), and 100 rounds of .223 that are Barnes Match Burner 69gr BT Match HP over 24gr of Reloader 15.

Wood Engineering Office equipment Toy Scale model

21 - 40 of 43 Posts