Business Cards

Discussion in 'GENERAL EVENTS' started by john, Apr 10, 2007.

1. john

john New Member

Does anyone have or can someone make business cards fo Georgia Carry .Org? If so I need one. I want to make 1000 so when I talk to poeple I can put a card ( eye catching I hope) in their hand with info to get them to our site. I am a good talker but when somebody goes about the rest of their day, they might not think about this for awhile. I want it so when they empty their pocket at night they find the card and oh ! I want to check this out.

2. glockgirl

glockgirl New Member

we have flyers... just do a search...

3. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

there are a few sites you can find by doing a google search for free business cards. some of them you print out yourself and others you pay shipping/processing. the flyer works well too, but obviously not as handheld.

4. tony218

tony218 New Member

VISTAPRINT.COM
    i've used them in the past good quality and fast delivery.
    i thought about doing the card thing also but could'nt
    figure out how to word what i wnted them to say.

5. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

John, I think this is a wonderful idea.

Tony, I actually prepared some on Vistaprint a few weeks ago, but I could not figure out how to make them available to anybody else who wanted to order some.

6. tony218

tony218 New Member

you might not want to do this, but you could pm your account info
    to whoever might want to see.
    i think you can save the proof of the card in my documents then
    post it on here. i saved my last proof in my documents on my old
    computer before it crashed.

7. Malum Prohibitum

Then my wife might wonder where that $1.5 million credit card bill came from.

8. tony218

tony218 New Member

you would have to trust in who you let have it :shock: :shock:

try the posting thing if someone likes it they can set up their own
    account and copy your design, or they could order them through you

9. Malum Prohibitum

I will see if I can figure that out.

10. maddog

maddog New Member

how about scanning the image and posting it in forum?

11. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Create the image in photoshop format then others can have the design.

12. S&W 40

S&W 40 Active Member

All,

I made some but can not figure out how to post. They are very simple one side the GCO logo and the other side the GPDO flag, state w/pistol and the GeorgiaPacking.org centered. Good starting point to mod for yourself. They are a Word file and formatted for printing on Avery business card stock. Look good printed on a laser printer. I double print one on each side so they get both for the price of one card.

If you would like PM me your email and I will send.

13. mzmtg

mzmtg Active Member

I made some like that too. :shock:

14. jeepsterwannabe

jeepsterwannabe New Member

HEY !!! if its a discover card you would get cash back....wowser

15. Macktee

Macktee New Member

I think business cards are a great idea. Maybe some of our expert computer- weenies, like Wiley fer instance..., could come up with a template for those who want them.

Write in our names, just like newly hired used car salesmen, or have them printed somewhat professionally.

Cards should have the GCO logo and maybe some other cool graphics like the state flag, web address, contact info for the president and the person who's name is on the card.

It would be wonderful for those chance encounters with media people, politicians and pretty much anyone who might be interested in our organization.

Having the president's contact info isn't just to cause him problems, although that may be a serendipitous byproduct, but to allow media and political people to contact someone best qualified to answer their questions.

Like I said, for those of youse who weren't paying attention, I think business cards are a great idea.

How about bumper stickers? Not one of my personal favorites, but some people may be interested in displaying them. I believe we should have rules about what other bumper stickers, flags and emblems are allowed on the same vehicle. Nothing that might cause embarrassment or bring discredit to this organization allowed...!

16. tony218

tony218 New Member

17. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

You have to sign in for that link. Can you just download the picture, upload it to imageshack/photobucket/etc. and link to it here?

18. tony218

tony218 New Member

OK i'll try, but i'm stupid. if i email you the image can you load it?
    my computer at work has all the photo publishing links blocked.

19. Wiley

Wiley New Member

Avery forms has free software that can be downloaded. It's easy to use. If we can come up with a standard design the template can be zip'ed and e-mailed to anyone who wants. The only cost to the individual would be the forms and ink.

I'll be more than happy to help with design and production of a template.

20. pro2am

pro2am New Member

This is a good idea. You can buy the business card forms at any office supply store. They look pretty good when they're done too.