Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Atlanta Overwatch
13,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone heard about Bush's stance on HR1022? I know thathe said he would sign a reauthorization of the Clinton ban, but this is a different beast. Would he veto it if it hit his desk? Would the Demoncrats have the votes to override?

I know that it's a long way from there, but I was just wondering.

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
When AWB Part 1 was up for renewal, he said he would sign it if Congress sent it to him.

Lucky for us, they didn't.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
We have to stop it before that point. The President listens the lest amount of any Politician because we don't actually elect him.

·
Premium Member
8,460 Posts
True, you can never fully trust a politician, but I think his statement on the Clinton AWB was more a re-election stunt than a firm statement on the AWB itself.

At the time he said that, he was up for re-election. Also, both sides of Congress were Republican controlled. To me it was him saying, sure I will sign it, when pigs fly.

The situation now is much different. Frankly, the only way I think he would sign this one is if it will get Dems to drop the withdrawal talk about Iraq (or something equally important to Bush). Since guns have been shown to be a 3rd rail for Dems recently and their base really wants the war to end, I think such a trade would be highly unlikely.

·
68,972 Posts
GAGunOwner said:
He also got Sam Alito as as an Associate Justice. MG Sammy Alito has said in a ruling that MGs should be legal. Can't ask for much more for court appointments to the SCOTUS in today's political climate.
Alito

1 - 8 of 8 Posts