Bus Stops, Terminals, and Malls

Discussion in 'GA Laws and Politics' started by Bags57, Mar 16, 2007.

1. Bags57

Bags57 Member

Hello all.

I've noticed several malls now have Park-N-Ride type setups in their parking lots. Northlake Mall has one for EmoryRide or something like that in the lower Macy's parking lot. North Dekalb Mall has one near the movie theater and Discover Mills has one near the skatepark. Discover Mills also apparently has stops for the Gwinnett County buses on the movie theater - Medieval Times - Burlington Coat Factory side.

I don't remember the GA Code number but isn't there one about carrying a firearm (or other type of weapon) into the terminal of an airline, bus, rail, etc.. with the terminal defined as the building AND the parking lot. That being said does the above park-n-ride type setup constitute a terminal?

2. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

3. Bags57

Bags57 Member

Thanks for the code and the link.

After reading it, it would appear that Discover Mills mall, which has designated stops one side of the mall right at certain entrances for the GCT, would be illegal given the definition in the GA code for "terminal". Well, it says "reasonable area" adjacent to the stop so maybe some parts of the mall would be far enough away from the stop but who knows where that would be.

4. glockgirl

glockgirl New Member

well the extra exercise wouldn't hurt me so I guess I would walk