Burt's Pumpkin Farm

Discussion in 'Places Off-Limits' started by Libertarian_congress, Oct 11, 2017.

1. Libertarian_congress

Libertarian_congress New Member

It's rare to see anti-gun folks as far north as Dawsonville, but I saw a big sign outside of Burt's Pumpkin Farm last weekend that said "While we support the Second Amendment, please leave firearms in your vehicle." I also saw that they had a uniformed sheriff's deputy patrolling the farm. I asked around and heard they had an incident a few years ago where somebody bent over to grab a pumpkin and exposed their carry pistol, and some parent freaked out in front of the kids. I didn't end up buying any pumpkins, although I grabbed a jar of apple butter upon family request. I'll make a point of bringing Jaemor Farms my business instead going forward.

2. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

I could overlook Burt's "leave your guns in the car" policy, if that were their only strike against them.

But I will never, ever, forgive them for having a journalist arrested for "trespassing" at a free public political rally held on their property a couple of years ago.
    Some GOP politician didn't want to be recorded, and sent somebody over to throw her out, and she was arrested for trespassing and obstruction.

3. mountainpass

mountainpass Under Scrutiny

http://www.georgiapacking.org/forum/showthread.php?t=261606&highlight=burts

4. Libertarian_congress

Libertarian_congress New Member

Wow I didn't realize they had this much going against them. I had gone to BJ Reece's orchards the weekend before and saw the sign for Burts on the way up, which brought me back last weekend. Reading about that incident with the journalist is appalling.

5. Phil1979

Phil1979 Member Georgia Carry

I was there the Saturday before last. It was not my choice. We had gone to B.J. Reece first, and my bride and her friend wanted to go to nearby Burt's Farm.

I knew about their website, but laughed to myself when I saw the big sign about guns on their building. It said to leave your firearm in your vehicle, after their blah, blah, blah about supporting the Second Amendment, BUT.

I left my guns in my vehicle. And my vehicle came walking with me. What, do vehicles have to be made only of metal, LOL? My vehicle did have a protective cloth covering so as not to skeer the sheep that frequent there.

6. mountainpass

Phil of all people why did you disarm?

7. Clark

Clark Member

You missed the joke, he didn't. His "vehicle" is himself.

8. mountainpass

Well that's what I get for trying to read it on my phone.

9. hammerg26

hammerg26 Member

I saw the sign, too. Wanted to leave - wife “persuaded†me to stay (don’t judge).
    I followed Phil’s example

10. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Giving money to those who hate you, your very existence, and your means of continuing your existence in some circumstances.

Money in this society is the very strongest way to support something.

You support their position, and you proved it.

11. Glockenator

Glockenator Active Member

Thanks for the heads up.

I haven't been there since my kids were little. If I drove an hour up there and saw the sign, I would ignore it. Now I know not to drive an hour up there and give them anymore income.

12. Alabama Jones

Alabama Jones Señor Member

A pumpkin farm is a target rich environment!

13. Casual User

Casual User Member

Yep, pretty much. PumpkinGate is still winding it's way through the court system. Dawson Co decided to double down and upgrade the charge to felony obstruction.

Nydia has retained competent counsel, Bruce Harvey, and Bill Finch, the Solicitor here in Forsyth Co. Should be interesting going forward. Here's the latest from Nydia's blog. http://www.aboutforsyth.net/v3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8247

14. Phil1979

MP, you make a very good point. I admit it, and I feel bad about it.

But I guarantee you I could be feeling worse had I ruined an outing my bride and her friend were looking forward to.

I realize I am the head of the household, but I cannot tyrannically demand my bride not spend money at a certain business just because I don't want to support them.

Husbands are commanded to love and understand our wives, and when you know someone in your care is not totally immersed in such an issue as you are, you give them some leeway.

How would you have handled the day if you were in my shoes?

15. Craftsman

Craftsman Well-Known Member

Sometimes, you pay the damn toll rather than swim the river.

16. Phil1979

Exactly. We all prefer to cross the river right here, but when it's too deep and the current too strong, we ride the boat down to the shallow part first.

17. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

So who will not be going there because of their signage?

And who will send them an email or make a phone call letting them know they are losing money specifically because of that sign?

Nemo

18. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

Five year old thread? Holy thread necrosis for the new guy’s first post.

19. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

You have me lost Adam5. And isn't that 5 weeks? Does that equal necrosis? What is the number to make it necrotic?

Nemo

Discussion in 'Places Off-Limits' started by Libertarian_congress, Oct 11, 2017.