Bump Stock Litigation

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Nemo, Apr 10, 2019.

1. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

FU, Pay Us.

Nemo*

*Caption to the pic near had me snort coffee on keyboard.

https://gunsandgadgetsdaily.com/us-biggest-bump-stock-supplier-to-federal-govt-f-you-pay-us/

US’ Biggest Bump Stock Supplier to Federal Gov’t: F You, Pay Us

April 9, 2019 By Trace Munson 13 Comments

[​IMG]
    I love the smell of a fresh tort in the morning.

2. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

I think it was stupid and also premature for RW Arms to destroy their bump stock inventory.

First off, I don't think this bump stock abortion should be settled on a "takings" basis. The feds could just say OK, here your money and BTW the ban stands as it is. With all its grossly stupid logic and excoriation of nature's physical laws.

Secondly, maybe they prematurely jumped the gun. There are still suits running their way through the courts. What if one of those cases actually overturns the ban? Had RW turned their inventory over to the ATF and received a property receipt for them, they would have been able to recover - supposedly - their property and eventually sell them.

3. phantoms

phantoms Senior Mumbler

Or they can try to get their money now and if the ban is overturned can make new ones or not. I bet that is their thinking.

4. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

The gov would most likely withhold any payment until all litigation is complete.

5. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

Unless it's a class action suit, only the named plaintiffs would get any compensation.
    All bump stock makers, distributors, and owners* should be included in a class action suit.

* Or former owners who sold them at a loss or destroyed them due to the new regs.

6. Deepocean

Deepocean Member

All two of them