Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was not looking at AR stuff at all when I stumbled on a video with an interesting stock I had not seen before, so I had to look further. I have seen a lot of effort put in to learn to bump fire and be able to aim, this seem simple. I dont have the $$ to burn ammo at the rate this would let me, but I figured I would share for others to see and comment on it.

http://militarygunsupply.com/index.php? ... ts_id=1082

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,693 Posts
Isn't JRM involved with some federal litigation over a similar product (but more conventional-looking type stock, for SKS's) called the " Atkins Accellerator" or something like that? Basically it's a bump-fire stock that allows the gun to move within the stock and keep pushing itself against your trigger finger. BATF approved it at first, but then banned it.

This new AR stock sure looks like it works good. I would love to test-fire one. If it worked, I'd buy it for $350 or $400. It looks like a pretty good simulation of full-auto fire that's way more controllable than traditional bump-fire from the hip.

P.S. If anyone is not familiar with what bump firing is, there are a couple of YouTube videos showing it with great success. I did it with an AR and it sure felt like full-auto to me. I couldn't get single shots or doubles on command, but I could do short 4-5 round bursts or a mag dump, whichever I wanted. It was easy to shoot the AR this way. Not sure if I'd want to do it with an M1A though!

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
robfromga said:
Cool idea but holy 350 bucks batman.
Compared to a $8k trigger group or a $20k rifle, and a $200 stamp from Uncle Sam, this is a steal.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Hunley said:
robfromga said:
Cool idea but holy 350 bucks batman.
Compared to a $8k trigger group or a $20k rifle, and a $200 stamp from Uncle Sam, this is a steal.
Compare that to my ability to do it with my finger for free

·
Administrator
7,152 Posts
gunsmoker said:
Isn't JRM involved with some federal litigation over a similar product (but more conventional-looking type stock, for SKS's) called the " Atkins Accellerator" or something like that? Basically it's a bump-fire stock that allows the gun to move within the stock and keep pushing itself against your trigger finger. BATF approved it at first, but then banned it.
That was for Ruger 10/22s. Watch one in action here:

·
Registered
948 Posts
This makes me wish I hadn't sold my lower. I would be all over this "bump fire stock". Actually, trying to talk a buddy into buying one. If I succeed I will post a range report.

·
Registered
4,521 Posts
Highly considering buying this. The best part is that someone that's not familiar with how to work it will not be able to get it to bump fire!

·
Registered
414 Posts
Lol, I'm really tempted to get one too and I don't even own an AR yet. Plan on getting one in the next year or so.

Yes somebody us making a nice amount of $$$ on these but heck it's a great idea and I applaud them.

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,693 Posts
The cheapest legal full-auto you can get is an ugly machine-pistol for $3500 from the MAC / Cobray / RPB family.

As said above, a full-auto AR / M16 / M4 costs about $12,000 - $20000 depending on the collector's value.

Even a worn-out basement AR-15 conversion by some unknown dude in the 1970s will still be worth about 6 or 8 grand!

So this is a really inexpensive and paperwork-free way to get "almost" the same kind of fun. To me it looks like 90% as useful and fun as a real M16 for only 3% of the price.

·
Registered
414 Posts
no clever name said:
Saw on another forum where trading place pawn in monroe got several in a couple of weeks ago.
Do you mean Trading Post pawn on Hwy 78? I used them several times when buying guns online. I would love to check one out rather than just buy it online. I don't even own an AR yet, but this really makes me want one. :lol:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts