Bullseye Lawnreceville robbed?

Discussion in 'Georgia In the News' started by martin_j001, Oct 27, 2010.

1. martin_j001

martin_j001 Active Member

(Hope this is the section to post this in)... I know I heard this on the way in to work this morning on the radio, but I can't find it anywhere...story went that someone stuffed guns down their pants to rob the place. Then, when police, tv crew and everyone was there, the robber came back in and was (obviously) caught--cops, owner and owners son recognized him. I can't find any news about this at the moment though, but am 100% sure I heard this story on the radio this morning.... Anyone else hear this or see the story anywhere?

2. Mafuta54

Mafuta54 Active Member

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/25527303/detail.html

3. Suburbbus

Suburbbus Well-Known Member

If that is the guy in the picture they have, I want to know where he would put a rifle to steal it?

His belt is down below the bottom of his butt from the way it looks. :screwy:

4. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

Bullseye can get really crowded.
    And many of the long guns are on racks in the middle of the store. There could be a crowd of customers 2 layers deep blocking the view of the rifles from the staff behind the counter.

I guess shoplifting even big items is possible. Especially if the bad guys travel in packs and others surround the thief while he stuffs a carbine down his pants. (I doubt any Mosin 91/30 rifles were taken in this manner).

Remember that the D.C. sniper murderers stole their Bushmaster AR rifle from the sales floor of a gun shop, too.

Maybe gun dealers ought to keep the guns behind the counter?
    Just an idea.

5. samman23

samman23 New Member

I was at the store yesterday and they said that he had putt them in his baggy pants. He walked a little funny, but they didn't think anything of it till after they realized they were missing two guns. when he came back a couple of days later, they knew exactly who he was and were able to apprehend him.

I believe they said it was some keltec 9mm long gun. I hope they recover them. I hate knowing that the criminals have any firearms.

They do keep a lot of firearms behind the counter but I guess they need more space to merchandise the items.

6. luangtom

luangtom Active Member

Amazing, simply amazing......when I viewed the news-cast on the tube yesterday I thought I had seen it all. I had not....... :screwy:

7. Viking

Viking New Member

It chagrins me to say this, but doesnt he look like Randy Moss a little?

8. Jonas Salk

Jonas Salk Member

Looks like it'll be on the news tonight at 11pm on WSB-TV.

9. Jonas Salk

Jonas Salk Member

Nevermind, it was some other place.

10. TippinTaco

TippinTaco New Member

goes to show ya that criminals are stupid.. flat out stupid... I wonder why he thought he could keep going back to get more... Knowing darn well they had him on tape. Some people never fail to amaze me..

11. 175FO

175FO Member

Yeah, but I think in this case the store had so many guns that they would not fit behind the counter. They could just do what they do at the gun shows though. Run an electronic cable through the trigger guards that sets of an alarm when disconnected. Although that would mean customers would have to ask before handling any of the guns, which I don't think is a bad idea anyway.

12. turbo

turbo New Member

I like the cable idea better than sholving all the guns out of reach. waiting to get service is 1 of my pet peeves...