Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading the rules on http://www.bullseyemarksman.com/range_rules_and_fees.html. Are they really picky about the type of ammo used (steel, etc.) I wanted to shoot the Wolf steel-cased AK ammo I have but there's no need in showing up if they care that much about it. I've never been, but may make my way over there in 4 weeks or so when I'm up in Lawrenceville. I know several of you have been, so I thought I'd ask here first. Thanks for the help.

edit: Are they limiting the types of ammo because steel case ammo isn't reloadable or something?

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
They sell Wolf ammo, so I really don't think they have a problem with it.

Maybe that means you can't shoot steel shotgun shot or something, but I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with steel cased cartridges.

·
Registered
8,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK, thanks. I'll probably call them to make sure before I go. If anyone wants to meet up there, maybe we can work something out. Just PM me or post here or something. It'll be around July 23, just to give an idea.

·
Registered
5,215 Posts
15. NO Aluminum or Steel Cased Ammunition - NO Steel Core Ammunition
That rule there seems to say no to Wolf ammo. Of course that is only if they enforce it....

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
I would like to know for sure as well. I did shoot about 10 boxes of wolf there a couple of weeks ago....been over a year since I read those rules and had forgotten about that. They didn't say anything...but might not have noticed until later. There were others shooting wolf as well.

·
Atlanta Overwatch
13,826 Posts
Ive fired steel cased ammo there plenty of time. I have even done it with the guys that work there. They will not allow steel jacketed or steel core though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts