Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my fiance to get her GWL 2 weeks ago in Bulloch County.

Went to the courthouse, passed through metal detectors, first door on the right. We sat at the desk of a very nice woman who handles the GWL's, she took all the information verbally. After giving her a check for the money, they do all the fingerprints on a brand new machine right in the next room.

20 minutes tops for the whole process which was AMAZING compared to my dekalb experience spanning 2 days of waiting in line....

Still waiting for the GWL and they have not cashed my check yet...hmm. I will report back when she gets her licence, but overall it has been an A+ experience so far

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
jabara572 said:
Took my fiance to get her GWL 2 weeks ago in Bulloch County.

Went to the courthouse, passed through metal detectors, first door on the right. We sat at the desk of a very nice woman who handles the GWL's, she took all the information verbally. After giving her a check for the money, they do all the fingerprints on a brand new machine right in the next room.

20 minutes tops for the whole process which was AMAZING compared to my dekalb experience spanning 2 days of waiting in line....

Still waiting for the GWL and they have not cashed my check yet...hmm. I will report back when she gets her licence, but overall it has been an A+ experience so far
any update on this?

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Woops forgot to update this.

I dont remember the exact day count, but I know she received hers in less than 30 days which I thought was great. It did take them 2 months to cash my check though which i thought was strange, if not inconsequential. I was a little concerned that they mailed her GWL along with a paper with the old text and explanation of the public gathering law :?

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
jabara572 said:

I dont remember the exact day count, but I know she received hers in less than 30 days which I thought was great. It did take them 2 months to cash my check though which i thought was strange, if not inconsequential. I was a little concerned that they mailed her GWL along with a paper with the old text and explanation of the public gathering law :?
the old blue paper thing with the beretta on the front of it?

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
270sniper said:
jabara572 said:

the old blue paper thing with the beretta on the front of it?
From what I remember it was just a white 8 1/2 X11 with both the text of the old law and their personal explanation of what a public gathering was. I dont remember a beretta on the front but its been a while.... wish i had wrote it down sooner. We are applying for a replacement so I will let you know what that one comes with and how long it takes to get one of those.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts