Bulloch County - 20 days!!!

Discussion in 'Ga. County Licensing Information' started by HannitizedRushBaby, Apr 26, 2007.

1. HannitizedRushBaby

HannitizedRushBaby New Member

My dad and I got finger-printed on Friday, April 6th... and his letter arrived in the mail today! I assume mine will be coming in the next day or two... *crosses fingers*

I cannot believe that they are ready so quickly! I reckon small towns are definitely good for some things!! :D

2. glockgirl

glockgirl New Member

oh sweet jesus I am happy for you but come on why can't I get mine...

I think I am going to go cry now... Why didn't I do it before I left oglethorpe county....

3. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

yea, bulloch is awesome. i just happened to call to check on the status and they were mailing out the letter the same day i called. i even got an email back making sure i got it...that's service, there.

4. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

glockgirl, what county, and are you beyond 60 days?

5. Malum Prohibitum

Is it first time application or renewal? Did you request a temporary (if it is a renewal) and is your current license expired?

6. glockgirl

glockgirl New Member

MP I sent you a PM

7. HannitizedRushBaby

I assume this question was directed at me...

This was the first time application for me and for my dad. I cannot believe how quickly they were processed! We applied on the same day... so I assume that mine will be here in the next day or two.

8. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

you should give them a call (912) 489-8749 and ask about the status. That's how I found out mine was ready. It just happened to be ready the same day I called.

9. HannitizedRushBaby

Got it!

Daddy got his GFL after only 20 days, but mine never showed up... so I called last week to find out what was going on. They said for some reason it had not come through to be processed, but that they would get it processed that week. I guess it fell through the cracks somewhere along the way...

Anyway, I went and picked up mine on Monday!!!! The officer overseeing the metal detector was very friendly. When I entered I told him what I was there for... (wearing my NRA t-shirt!)... and he asked "what do you need a gun for?"... I just shrugged and said, "it's my right!"...

Once I finished paying and started to exit he proceed to talk to me about guns, ranges, etc. He was very friendly and seemed to be in favor of me having a gun to protect myself. I wish more people felt that way...

My grandpa has picked out a gun to purchase for me, but I've asked him to let me shoot a few of his to decide what I prefer. He is looking at a small Kimber... I do not know any details about it though.

Just thought I'd let y'all know that mine finally came! Yay!!!

10. Malum Prohibitum

Re: Got it!

That does not sound so friendly. :?

11. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

they never asked me any questions like that...i told them i was applying for a GFL and they told me second door on the right and the lady in there will help you....that was the extent of that conversation.

12. HannitizedRushBaby

When I went to apply for my GFL (in March) the officers at the door didn't ask me any questions... maybe because I was with my parents that day.

Anyway, I didn't expect that officer to be friendly when he asked "what do you need a gun for?"... but when I returned he was very friendly. I was actually in a hurry to get to an appointment in Savannah so I only talked to him for 5-10 minutes. But I was interested to hear his opinions/suggestions... he seemed to be more down to earth than most young officers these days. (BTW, the officer recommended a Glock.) Haha... he also suggested that I find a tree, put up a picture of someone that I don't like, and practice my aim!

My grandpa is taking me shooting tomorrow... and said that he will purchase a gun whenever I am ready. My grandma wants me to get a gun tomorrow because I'll be on the road this coming weekend. I don't think that I will be comfortable with owning a gun just yet though. I mean, for goodness sake's, tomorrow will be my first time firing a gun!!! I want to be well informed about the laws and well acquainted with a gun before acutally getting one.

Do any of y'all own a Kimber? Anyone know of pros or cons about those guns?

13. gsusnake

gsusnake Token Liberal Hippie

The older deputy with glasses and a white beard who does security there sometimes is a jerk.

14. HannitizedRushBaby

This guy didn't have glasses or a beard... I think that he's name was Fred.

15. gsusnake

He's cool.

99.9% of the LEOs in the Statesboro area (Bulloch SO, Statesboro PD, University PD, and local GSP) are really good guys.

There's maybe one or two bad apples.

16. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

I was just there on Tuesday serving them a subpoena.

The big black guy? Yeah, he was nice. I went through the metal detector and it beeped...he asked me (with a stern look on his face) if I had my pocket knife on me. I told him that I made sure to leave it in the car. He said (still with the stern face) "and I am supposed to believe that?" Then he started to smile and chuckle a little bit and told me to go ahead.

If you want to try out my Glock 19, you're more than welcome to it.

Congrats, and welcome to the club.

17. gsusnake

Or my Taurus PT140 Millennium Pro.

18. HannitizedRushBaby

Thanks guys! I'll definitely be in touch with y'all about those if my grandpa doesn't have anything similiar to them. He has SEVERAL! Where do y'all usually shoot anyway????

19. gsusnake

I go to Mission Essential in Hinesville.

$10 for range time (all day), $2 eye and ear protection, cheap targets, cheap ammo, and $8 gun rentals.