Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
69,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NY: Hero's pals vow to close range

"Neighbors of fallen hero Fire Department Lt. Howard Carpluk said yesterday they would honor his memory by continuing his fight to close down a shooting range in his hometown." ...

"McConnell and other neighbors said they would press forward with Carpluk's decade-long quest to have the Suffolk County Trap-and-Skeet Range moved from the otherwise quiet neighborhood."

"After being shuttered for almost five years, the range was reopened July 15 and has since served more than 1,000 sportsmen." ...
The range has been there since the 1920's, long before the "otherwise quiet neighborhood" was built. the news article kinda sorta neglects to mention that.

http://www.nydailynews.com/boroughs/sto ... 6967c.html

·
Sledgehammer
4,812 Posts
With the caveat that I know nothing more about this case than what is in the article, I'll opine that it's conceivable that resuming a use that had been discontinued for 5 years could be a nuisance.

·
Registered
5,215 Posts
That would seem to me to depend on why it had been closed for those five years. It could be that they were closed due to some sort of legal action preventing them from operating because of noise complaints or whatever and it took that long to sort out. In which case you can hardly fult them for the down time....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts